Turbo or supercharger for me?

Lol to bad that 6 grand turns into 9-10k after a tranny that will work, new fuel system, new rear end, etc etc etc. lol.

i just ordered a FLT transmission today and waiting for the sale Friday for a yank converter fuel system coming this summer and new axel and carrier bearing are coming so very true statement.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha, I was under the impression because of how they were mounted they did not make boost like a roots style even though they were belt driven.

I have a question. On a front mount turbo running a mild 4-8psi. Do I "need" an intercooler? Was looking. Can get the manifold, and Hot pipes for 1400. Oil lines, and all those fitting under 200, and the buy a turbo, wastegate, BOV, etc. and install it for under 2500. Then later when funds allowed add an intercooler? Would this work?

I have two procharged cars and both make boost instantly. My camaro with just full exhaust and the Pro Charger made 493 RWHP on 7 PSI.

You dont need to run a intercooler, but will help with power gains. You can always add a intercooler, its better than never adding one.

If you are going through all the trouble to add a power adder why wouldnt you install a cooler? In my opinion if you cant afford an intercooler you prolly shouldnt be buying anything at all.

Installing a blower specially a turbo without a cooler would be like pissing in the wind

Nope there's two options right now. One is a rear mount STS kit. One is a front mount kit. I'm leaning towards the rear mount cuz I gotta smog it in California, but we will see what the front mount contains before I make up my mind. The STS has an MP t70, upgraded oil pump, tial wastegate, tial BOV. 60lb injectors, all piping, etc. kit has 10-12k miles on it. With the turbo and pump only having 2-3k miles. Not sure about the front mount yet will be a day or so to get a list of parts.