GM Bug Deflector

AK04SS

hey everyone,

i just bought a bug deflector for my ss from the parts dept. at my dealer.

is anyone else using one? i'm wondering if this would rub on the hood at all? it looks pretty close, but i dont think it would touch at all.

it looks good though :cheers:

by the way, i live in AK and i think i would really need one....on my WRX, one winter totally ruined the front of the hood...so i hope the deflector helps out on the SS :chevy:

i can post pics if anyone is interested...

hey everyone,

is anyone else using one?  i'm wondering if this would rub on the hood at all? it looks pretty close, but i dont think it would touch at all. 

by the way, i live in AK and i think i would really need one....on my WRX, one winter totally ruined the front of the hood...so i hope the deflector helps out on the SS :chevy:

I have one on mine, it doesn't hit the hood, here is a post with the pics of mine.

pic

hey everyone,

is anyone else using one?  i'm wondering if this would rub on the hood at all? it looks pretty close, but i dont think it would touch at all. 

I have one on mine, it doesn't hit the hood, here is a post with the pics of mine.

pic

I have that same one, it looks even better on a black truck. No way for it to rub on anything either. :)

Hope you didnt over pay for that I was selling clear bug sheilds for $40 no drill. All you have to do for the windsheild is run a bead of sealent up both sides ofthe windsheild behind the rubber edge the rubber flaps and makes the noise. Clear sheilds blen nicely with the vehicle and dont fade like the smoke ones.

we have installed many of them here at the dealer. the flap problem rarely show's up. the non-gm one's quite often cause noises and if the customer comes in complaining of a noise which we find to be caused by the aftermarket part, the customer usually get's charged. it was a good choice to go with the gm one.

• 2 weeks later...

I was getting the "tapping' noise, so I took it to the dealer and they installed new windshild moldings that are much stiffer than the originals...holds to the glass way better it fixed all my noise. So there is a updated part and if you have a GM gaurd they will fix it.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have a part number for the OEM deflector, and is it available in clear , or just smoke? I want it in clear, if they make it, but my local dealer cannot find a PN for an 03 or newer. They will give it to me @ actual cost, if I can pull the part number.

Archived