Early Winter

AK04SS

hey everyone,

it seems like winters coming early up here in ak....we've had some snow already...but anyways...it gets really icy up here and from what i've experienced today, the tires suck on snow :banghead:

would any of the other rims off of the other chevys fit on the SS? i'm looking into getting some decent snow tires for this truck, just to be safe.

some other things i'll be getting are a snug top lid, to keep the snow outta the bed, some mud flaps to protect the sides of the truck, and a bug deflector.

also what are some good snow tires for the SS?

i'm thinking of doing a package deal from tirerack.

thanks!

yes you can get the stock wheels from the silverado,avalanche etc. i just purchased a set of 17 inch avalanche wheels off of ebay for $200. +$75. shipping and am going to put a set of 265 70 17 snow tires on them for the winter. that size is real close to our tire diameter ( only puts the speedo off by 1 mph) makes the tire much narrower. ill keep everyone posted how it handles when we get snow. luckily that shouldnt be for about 3 months.

I dont know. I did great when driving the SS last weekend. I have been driving in winter in Alaska for 20+ yrs tho. That might be it. The truck responded awesome. I was worried about it so I took it out into the snow and slush. I dropped the hammer a few times and it just took off without getting slip. It stopped on a dime to. The ABS kicked in a couple of times but im used to that.

All in all..I was very impressed with how the SS handled in Alaska.

TJ

I dont know. I did great when driving the SS last weekend. I have been driving in winter in Alaska for 20+ yrs tho. That might be it. The truck responded awesome. I was worried about it so I took it out into the snow and slush. I dropped the hammer a few times and it just took off without getting slip. It stopped on a dime to. The ABS kicked in a couple of times but im used to that.

All in all..I was very impressed with how the SS handled in Alaska.

TJ

:withstupid: With the exception of the driving in Alaska for 20+ years part. :cheers::flag:

Archived