5.3 or 6.0

To get close to your power goals, the TSP-224R or TSP-228R would be a decent choice. Stay away from the TB I6 converter, alot of them have failed over the years behind a 6.0, and a 2800 stall will not match well with either cam. You need to figure on going with at least a 3000 stall to better match either of those......

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya that's what I thought. I don't want a 3k stall. Most I would do is a 2800 stall and even that I'd prefer less. If I'm going to have to have a TR228 then it looks like ill go with a 218/224. And I'll do a mild port and polish. On a set of 317. Or 243 if I can find them for cheap. I don't want that big of a cam. The tr224. Maybe. But I think that will bring the power range up to high for me to enjoy. I've seen Dino's with a 224 and only making 200-250 tq at like 2500-3000rpm. That's horrible. If I was stalled ya not bad. But I don't want to be stalled so high. So ill spend the extra money on the heads. And use a smaller cam that fits the flow #'s of the heads.

It's my daily driver. Seeing the track maybe once a month if that. I have a boat I tow with it on occasion. So I'd like to keep the stall as low as possible. I really liked the idea of the 216/220 Vinci trucker cam in a 5.3. Would a 218/222 -115 be an ok cam in the 6.0? The 115 lsa should be wide enough to be a decent spray cam as well right? Even a decent FI cam if I decide to go that route. And still mild enough to be smogged in CA. I'm no cam expert by any means. So I'm just putting together something I think my work.

218/222 .56x-.57x-114. Or 115. That seems like a torque builder. With the ability to spin up to 6500 easy. So to stay in my power band of 6000-6200 shift points.

Edited by Silverado2469 (see edit history)

You guys out there still use the sniffer test?? In illionois where there is emissions, they dont do that anymore. All they do is hook up the OBD2 computer and check for codes, if there are none you pass. In and out in like 2 minutes.

wow... They got rid of the rollers for us years ago. The employees are all younger kids and they dont care.... Do you guys have the 96 and older dont need testing?? Anything older than 96 and the vehicle is exempt from testing.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)