Wind noise fix for rear windows on our trucks found on Ebay.

Harbor_SS'n-it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230930796953?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Hey fellas,

Thanks to Austin on the SSS.com FB page he told us about this guy on Ebay selling a fix for the wind noise we get on the rear windows of our trucks. It's an extended link that you will have to replace on the latch for the window. Ebay descricption says it will close your window .050 " more then stock. He said he has tested it on a 2001 GMC Sierra ext. Cab. I sent him a message trying to work out a better deal then $35 bucks a set, so far we have to buy a 10+ to get them at $30 each with free shipping to one address. If anybody is interested let me know so we can see what kind of deal we can get. Above is a link to the Ebay page.

Alex.

post-24059-0-96943500-1364314815_thumb.jpg

I am in for a set. I get massive wind noise at anything over a buck ten. Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

So its only a high speed issue?

Yeh really only a high speed issue for me or when the subs are on and I turn them off, I get wind noise from the pressure pushing out on it a tad. I usually have to open them and relatch and even then it still is there.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

On these extended cab trucks, the noise mainly occurs on the passenger side window in the rear door. As I recall from prior reading, it was a poor design, made worse by a bad assembly process. I bought a set of these latches. It helped a bit on my truck. On some, it eliminates the noise all together. For the price (not too bad, right?), give it a try if you have the issue. It might fix it.

On these extended cab trucks, the noise mainly occurs on the passenger side window in the rear door. As I recall from prior reading, it was a poor design, made worse by a bad assembly process. I bought a set of these latches. It helped a bit on my truck. On some, it eliminates the noise all together. For the price (not too bad, right?), give it a try if you have the issue. It might fix it.

$30 bucks is not bad compared to what it cost to replace the entire assembly.