Custom Plexiglass Volant intake cover

MID12sSSS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the plexiglass comes in all different sizes. Let me start doing some research and making up some prototypes/experimenting with different ideas and brands and see what I come up with. I guess this thread will just be a feeler for interest. If we get enough people to say "I'm in", ill start another thread for a group buy. Ill keep this thread going and post some pics of my progress.

Thanks man! Appreciate it!

you really should sell them, hell id take a few off your hands to keep in the shop for people :thumbs: decal was a nice touch. what you should do, is see if we can find someone to etch them, and i have an LED setup in mind that would be hidden... when on, would only light up the part thats etched/frosted. kinda like the rear window on a big custom sport fish yacht. think that would look cool? it looks good in my head :lol:

Haha that would be sweet! Have it triggered by your under hood light. So you pop your hood, and it kicks on. Kinda the same idea I used for my door sill plates. I have plexiglass in the "SS" cutouts, but rather than etching the glass and using LEDs, I used Electroluminescent tape! Like the suites in the movie Tron. I used a 12v converter and wired into my door ajar switches. The tape is still blue when its off, but when powered, it light up super bright. Ill make a how-to thread soon.

Google "EL tape or EL wire". Pretty sweet stuff!

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Very nice,plus you can see the condition of the air filter without removing the cover!

Haha yeah! Makes you stay up-to-date on your filter cleanings. Don't wanna have an ugly, dirty filter under your nice plexiglass cover. I really think a pre-filter will really make it look that much nicer. I am going to try to clear coat the plexiglass and then wet sand it. See if that helps protect it from scratches. (Got that idea from a buddy of mine). ;)