need some srs wiring declusterification / guidance

truck: 2005 silverado ss with Bose system

previous unit: ~2003 Alpine IVA - D900 (DVD, Nav)
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8N3LXNFkyyy/p_500IVAD900/Alpine-IVA-D900.html#overview-tab

new unit: ~2009 Pioneer AVIC - F700BT (Nav)
Pioneer AVIC-F700BT Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com

i'll try and keep this short. i'm a radio noob; only installed a basic single din in my 1st car and 00' Sierra, which was just one simple harness and radio antenna. i've never dealt with Bose system, and never dealt with any double din/nav unit before, so this mind ****s me.

this is how i bought the truck - with the Alpine unit out and in its box, with no unit actually in the truck..just all those wires. owner had the unit since new in about 2003 and said it still works..buttt then why did he take it out? idfk. he had a receipt from Circuit City when they installed the Alpine unit, which is why some of the wires are labeled i guess

my GOAL: install Pioneer double din, keep Bose system, keep steering wheel controls

my PROBLEM: have NO idea WTF all these wires are. which (if any) i will be able to re-use for Pioneer unit, and which new harnesses i'll need

black gloves are on because my white hand + flash = huge glare
mynage8y.jpg

uzyda4am.jpg

by9utu6y.jpg

be7y3ene.jpg

zu8e3ygu.jpg

6u4uvuze.jpg

musy3aby.jpg

5y5ynysy.jpg

pe4u5eza.jpg

Pioneer unit
pe3a6yza.jpg

Came with the dash kit and wires from a Ford I think? Will ask PO
y2u4ejam.jpg

umegyhag.jpg

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok bro... in your second pics thats the start of the old aftermarket cdplayer harness. you nee to trace that back to your 4th pic of the gmso4. you should have wires connecting the 2harnesses(old radio harness and gmso4)unconnect those. now you will still use the gmso4 harness it stays connected to the harness off the truck. now for your new radio install your will color match the wires on the new radio to your gmso4 harness. now to wire for bose. there will be i belive 2 or 3 blue wire with white stripe(there lable power anntena) you got to tie those together. cycle key make sure you got sound. and you should be good to go.... if your new radio has a dvd feature you need to take that wire normally a light grn should be labed eaither way and tie that into your ground to bypass the video lock... now with all this you WONT have steering controls you have to get a seprate module for that i think there like 70$ and for that price ill reach a few inchs... if you have any more ?? let me kno

Dude you got a mess there. Looks managable though.

haha yeah i know. do you have any kind of head unit in yours? some people i talked to yesterday with nav unit & bose said the bose is such a pain in the ass, they just took it to a shop to do. so if i cant figure it out, ill get a quote from Tronix in Barnegate i think

ok bro... in your second pics thats the start of the old aftermarket cdplayer harness. you nee to trace that back to your 4th pic of the gmso4. you should have wires connecting the 2harnesses(old radio harness and gmso4)unconnect those. now you will still use the gmso4 harness it stays connected to the harness off the truck. now for your new radio install your will color match the wires on the new radio to your gmso4 harness. now to wire for bose. there will be i belive 2 or 3 blue wire with white stripe(there lable power anntena) you got to tie those together. cycle key make sure you got sound. and you should be good to go.... if your new radio has a dvd feature you need to take that wire normally a light grn should be labed eaither way and tie that into your ground to bypass the video lock... now with all this you WONT have steering controls you have to get a seprate module for that i think there like 70$ and for that price ill reach a few inchs... if you have any more ?? let me kno

ya first i gotta deal with separting the stock wires from the aftermarket. i want only the stock wires left in there so i have a fresh slate to work with, and can clearly see what wires i have/what ill need. i just took these quick videos trying to show the full picture

overview:

things i need to remove? one harness and the two sets of plugs in the back? (forgot to hold phone sideways, sorry lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG2roGrUi_M

also, The gmos 04 has 4 plugs, one on each end, then 2 more off the wires next to it.

dyzu5e6u.jpg

tevubu5a.jpg

Big gray one runs into factory foam, small black one runs into single green wire w/ white stripe

e4e3abyz.jpg

is that all factory? im only removing the cd adapter harness with the red and yellow wires that runs into the gmos 04 wires?

Im running stock head unit with 6 disc. I know the bose are a pain, got 1 in my Jeep. Dont have the funds for a fancy one like that right now. I know a few guys that could help you if you run into a prob. IDK too much about the nav and DVD stuff, reg units are no probs.

all the factory is wraped in foam. anything else is old rca's,antennas for xm,gps ect. all you should have is the factory harness plugged into the gmso4 and it should have about 17wires coming outa it (with 2 connectors one for sound the other is power)this is starting point ground zero... now take your need unit. it should have one harness coming out of it (as the 2nd TO LAST pic in op)now where those wires are taped together and go into the. undo the old and wire to the new harness and that plugs into the 2 connectors on the gmso4.

are you install a apline double din or the pionneer? my pervious instructions on dvd bypass is for the pionneer

Im running stock head unit with 6 disc. I know the bose are a pain, got 1 in my Jeep. Dont have the funds for a fancy one like that right now. I know a few guys that could help you if you run into a prob. IDK too much about the nav and DVD stuff, reg units are no probs.

yeah same here. only done the same single din in my first car, then my Sierra. it was just one harness and antenna. i can deal with that. but all this bose, gps, onstar bs is way beyond me haha and i couldnt justify spending $500+ on a nav unit alone, but i got this from a friend for $180 so i couldnt pass it up

all the factory is wraped in foam. anything else is old rca's,antennas for xm,gps ect. all you should have is the factory harness plugged into the gmso4 and it should have about 17wires coming outa it (with 2 connectors one for sound the other is power)this is starting point ground zero... now take your need unit. it should have one harness coming out of it (as the 2nd TO LAST pic in op)now where those wires are taped together and go into the. undo the old and wire to the new harness and that plugs into the 2 connectors on the gmso4. are you install a apline double din or the pionneer? my pervious instructions on dvd bypass is for the pionneer

im installing the Pioneer nav. the Alpine dvd & nav has its leftover wires back there, which im not sure if ill be able to re use em or not. but actually everything that is pictured with the Pioneer unit, is from a ford IIRC - the dash kit and all the wires in it i have not bought any new wires yet for i simply dont know what i have, what i can re-use, then what i'll still need lol so basically, im ready to un-install and sort everything out, but now quite install yet. the truck is off the road, so there is no immediate rush

itll be alot easyer to explain over phone then typing

yes for sure! i appreciate it bud

edit: just asked dude i bought the Pioneer from and it came out of an 08 F150. hopefully some of the wires are useable

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)

My personal way of doing things is I always by a new chime box/adapter harness with a new radio. Its cleaner and allows me to do everything out of the truck. I get bored and change my radio yearly so I have this down. I don't have Bose but using the adapter I imagine it works similar.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

when it all comes down to it youll have the

factory wire connector- to GMSO04- to harness- to aftermarket radio and thats its no rcas or xtra wires all your missing is the harness thats inbetween the gmso4 to the aftermarket deck