need some srs wiring declusterification / guidance

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh that may be. Well in that case, I'll return it back to just what I need lol

I'm guessing those RCA jacks are aftermarket and run from the dash, under the carpet, to the pioneer module under the back seat.. And all that is useless also?

sent from your HTC Rezound

yes..TONS!! its not a tangled clusterfukc anymore. before i had no idea what i was looking at, and now i at least understand most of it. thanks again man :cheers:

no problem. If you have any more questions give me a shout. You got thru the hard part LOL

haha thank god. although im sure i'll have a grand old time removing the old pioneer module, all its wires and that damn ps2 cable haha i also have weird voltage problems in the truck, and my dad said it may be because of the inverter, because supposedly they are kinda tricky and can screw up voltage if not done properly. so while the old module is going bye-bye we'll check out le inverter

Bet the ps2 and inverter tied together. And yes all that will cause voltage problems. You had a lot of un nesscary wires like I said when your done you'll have 50' of wire just layin there lol with no use behind it

goood, hopefully that will fix the problem and i wont have to buy a new alternator like the previous owner thought it was.

also, found the Metra radio controll harness for cheap AF. ~$53 shipped with amazon prime, or ~$43 from ebay with free same day shipping. i can afford to wait an extra couple days, so ill probably go ebay. definitely worth it for that price IMO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/METRA-AXXESS-ASWC-UNIVERSAL-STEERING-WHEEL-CONTROL-CAR-AUDIO-WIRING-/321081146338?pt=US_Wire_Harnesses&hash=item4ac1ed7be2

did some clipping tonight and overly taped everything :lol:

cut the dvd wire near the plug

IMAG2136_zps610cdc12.jpg

cut extra power wire

IMAG2139_zps6d0a5066.jpg

dvd harness OUT!

IMAG2140_zpsa1a95ea3.jpg

so, the black, red, and yellow wires i'm holding were cut from the DVD harness

IMAG2143_zps67e4ef01.jpg

they run up to this

IMAG2144_zpsb17022e7.jpg

which runs to this. you can see where they go. 1 of each into big gray plug, 1 black & 1 yellow come from the other set which runs back.

i also taped those two orange ones together (but not touching) because they were cut but left open

IMAG2145_zpse358abf2.jpg

and ended at this. dead end green wire, GMSO installed right, black/red/yellow extra end, and thick power cord.

IMAG2146_zpsb8cb6615.jpg

im thinking i can ditch where the extra end of black/red/yellow. cut the ends at the tri-way meet point..and splice just to the same gray plug wire, but wanted to double check before i went cut-happy loll

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)

where do they run to when it gose back into the dash those look like your main powerwire to turn radio on/off/and memorie...looks like they come out off the gmso4 where it plugs into factory connector,then runs to that sodar connection,then it goes 2ways from there looks like you got red,black,yellow coming out toward you and xtra wires from that same point going back into the dash?

to start id cut the ones that run back into the dash. leave the 3 that come out toward you and the sodor for now. grab your radio and see if it powers on. if not you might have to hard wire the 3 that are coming out of your dash to your radio.

edit: yes cut em at the tri way ponit and test.

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)