need some srs wiring declusterification / guidance

cut the tri-way, but all i did was snip the extra ends off, and left the two soldered together. figured that would work lol the little stub in the pic is gone too

IMAG2150_zpse22c288b.jpg

heres that extra red end, leading up to plug

IMAG2159_zps8ee61c8b.jpg

left red is the same as above, closer shot into plug. i am keeping this wire right?

IMAG2151_zpsf573f7c2.jpg

so now those yellow & black come from the gray plug, soldered to this set, that runs behind the dash. green, pink, blue is speaker wire iirc? heres the end

IMAG2158_zps448ddf4a.jpg

then goes behind (notice the head shield that starts)

IMAG2153_zpsca7f96a1.jpg

which actually comes back up, then down the front (just like the big power chord)

IMAG2154_zps023e66b9.jpg

then down under the steering column where i lost it

IMAG2155_zpsa1b870f9.jpg

so those are factory, i assume? hope that gives you a better idea of where those power/ground/memory wires were coming from. i dont see how i can power up my new head unit yet. this is all ford stuff attached to it still. i have no harness for it, and that orange power chord doesnt fit anywhere

IMAG2160_zps308520ca.jpg

IMAG2162_zps486e9bd6.jpg

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the last to pics from the red tape down to the connector needs to be undone and thats where youll color match wires with new harness to plug into the gmso4.

now for the red,yellow,black wires...appears that someone depinned it from the gmso4 to run something else awell. THEY ARE NEEDED for you to power up the radio. looks like you have to wire em direct meaning. (im going off the 2nd to last pic in your last post)you got the harness for the cdplayer your installing on that harness youll have to direct wire the red, yellow and black wire together with the ones coming out the dash. since someone perviously depinned it for whatever reason nobody knos

the orange wire you talking about is that in your pic where 2 orange wires are tapes together a solid orange and one with a white strip down it thos arent used leave em like that.... if those are the orange wires your talking about

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

in the last to pics from the red tape down to the connector needs to be undone and thats where youll color match wires with new harness to plug into the gmso4. now for the red,yellow,black wires...appears that someone depinned it from the gmso4 to run something else awell. THEY ARE NEEDED for you to power up the radio. looks like you have to wire em direct meaning. (im going off the 2nd to last pic in your last post)you got the harness for the cdplayer your installing on that harness youll have to direct wire the red, yellow and black wire together with the ones coming out the dash. since someone previously depinned it for whatever reason nobody knows

yeah next i'm going to cut all off the crimp connectors from the ford harness so i'll be left with just the pioneer harness, here's a better pic of em.

IMAG2179_zps66c0b706.jpg

as for the red/black/yellow.. im not quite sure whatcha mean. currently, they are running from radio's wire (pics 2, 4, 5, 6 from last post) then connected to the big gray plug, which connects the GMOS to Factory green plug

IMAG2176_zpsb6bfcdff.jpg

are you saying to disconnect them from the big gray plug, and reconnect them directly to the Pioneer's wiring harness?

the orange wire you talking about is that in your pic where 2 orange wires are tapes together a solid orange and one with a white strip down it thos arent used leave em like that.... if those are the orange wires your talking about

yes that is them. that is what the instructions per Metra say - if not used, cut and tape off. they were already cut, i just taped em. there IS an orange wire w/ white stripe in my harness though

another guy told me:

The orange wire will go to the orange on the Pioneer harness, it's the illumination wire. Orange/White will go to Orange/White also on the Pioneer harness (if it has it), that's the dimmer wire.

sweet!! i can deal with that haha i just clipped off the extra crap that was connected to the non sticker side 10pin plug, which had several female RCA's and another plug, which was all for the old Pioneer.

cut off this. was only soldered to a blue w/ white wire coming from 10pin GMOS plug

IMAG2167_zps649a73cf.jpg

so left with this, which is good. 4 male RCA's, 1 red power wire, 1 blue w/ white wire (remote power iirc?)

IMAG2166_zpse4e1e679.jpg

next i will start de-Fording the new pioneer's wiring harness

just snipped off harnesses

HU harness
IMAG2183_zps1326d060.jpg

two ends i wasnt sure what to do with. purp w/ white wasnt connected to anything, and that is how the solid blue was :shrug:
IMAG2184_zps21700342.jpg

old ford shit
IMAG2185_zps97935dd9.jpg

plug with RCAs had one negative memory wire running to ford shit. cut that, left with this. all the red & whites are different sound outputs
IMAG2187_zpsb5405db4.jpg

then just the harness and plugs in the radio
IMAG2188_zpsa9cf0ebb.jpg

i haz no RCA ports in the back of HU :shrug:

:D

I do want to use the navigation on it, and from what I understand these are the wires for that here?

jajugeve.jpg

aseguteg.jpg

Harness has solid green, solid blue, purple w/ black, and solid light green that match up there. No light pink (if that matters)

na5ajy6e.jpg

Got the RCAs from gmos to radio in

jamu4u4e.jpg

The leftovers on the harness, guess I'll just cover/tape up for now

8arevuga.jpg

sent from your HTC Rezound

now, 'nother dumb question..the 24pin plug already has the yellow and black wire hooked up (in 2 spots cause i guess he need an extension) and the red from 24pin plug is open. fingers point to each connection

IMAG2200_zps85e586c3.jpg

do i...

A) tap the radio harness's black and yellow into where the other black & yellow connect, making it a three-way?

B) leave as is, and tape off radio harness black & yelow?

C) cut current connection between the two, connect radio harness to either 24pin plug or other set of wires and tape off non-used?

this is one of those questions where i feel like it's legit at this time, but once i get an answer, ill feel stupid as fauk lol :facepalm:

sent from your HTC Rezound