Audio Guru's...I need your help.

About 3 years ago I installed a Kenwood DDX-514 H/U with the Axxess GMOS-04 module.

Problem: I'll be driving down the road, and the volume of the stereo will spike to full blast...I attempt to turn volume down on H/U, and it shows I am adjusting the volume but it does not adjust the volume. To get it to reset I have to pull over, shut off truck, and pull the fuse from under the hood. It will be fine for about 30 minutes then do it again. I double checked my wiring, bought a new Axxess box, and it still does it. I had the unit bench tested and they said it was fine, however they were not able to test it using the RCA ports...which the Axxess box utilizes for speaker output.
Anyone have any ideas? I've googled my arse off trying to find similar issues...or upgrades from Kenwood to rememdy this to no avail...

Note: I did put the stock H/U back in the truck and it works as expected with no volume issues...

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Was the unit installed before or after the floods in VT? Also did you replace the speakers/wires from the damage? I cannot remember the extent of the damage done.

Damage was wet carpet...pretty sure that has nothing to do with it...

Question does the face flip down?? I have a kenwood CD player in my loader at work and if the face isn't inserted right or I hit a bump it does the same thing or some times I have no control of it. I wounder if the headunit you have needs support or something??

Question does the face flip down?? I have a kenwood CD player in my loader at work and if the face isn't inserted right or I hit a bump it does the same thing or some times I have no control of it. I wounder if the headunit you have needs support or something??

This is what it sound like to me. Or something loose. No other reason that I can think of.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...