SS brakelines

7a7SS

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

151-28A640 Hyperfirm Brake Line Kit (Front & Rear), 1999-2003 Silverado 2WD (5 line kit) $136.99

151-28A660 Hyperfirm Brake Line Kit , 1999-2003 Silverado 2WD (3 line kit) $89.99

'

which one do i need for my non-ss?

• 2 weeks later...

can someone write a tutorial on how to do the lines? or send me some info on how to do em, and how i bleed th brakes? i just bought the ss lines and a roll pan so ive got some projects lined up for january (weather permitting)

can someone write a tutorial on how to do the lines? or send me some info on how to do em, and how i bleed th brakes? i just bought the ss lines and a roll pan so ive got some projects lined up for january (weather permitting)

Kind of hard to do a tuturial. It literally is just removing the old and replacing with the new.

1. Remove wheel

2. Remove brakeline

3. Replace with new one, in accordance with instructions

(Keep a pan underneath the lines to catch the dripping fluid. On the front, make sure the end you're putting toward the caliper is the straight surface, not the angled one. You'll damage the lines if not.)

4. Tighten to spec

5. Bleeding air out - locate the bleeder valve on the caliper (should have a rubber cap over it), get a wrench that fits it, attach a clear hose to drain to pan, have someone pump the brakes until they feel firm and hold, open the bleeder valve and watch the air coming out in the fluid. Keep repeating until you just see the fluid with no air.

The hose you use on the bleeder valve needs to be clear, which you can get at Home Depot, Lowes, etc..

The 5th line, the one going to the axle should be done before the rear wheels, not after. Do it after and you'll have to bleed again. Watch your reservior and don't let it get empty. It will suck air if it does.

If you're replacing the fluid, make it quicker and get most of the old reservior fluid out first, then fill it with the new. When you open up your bleeder valves, keep bleeding them until you see the new fluid come through the line. Again, make sure the reserv does not go dry.

• 3 weeks later...

I just did a brake up grade with new bear 14” rotors and SS lines. So fair it has been nothing but a pain in the ass with the ss brake lines they are a pain in the a@@ the front drivers side leaked and I ended up driving with no brakes for a day and then I put the old line bake in and thought that the problem would be fixes till I could get a new line but today my brakes are going out again it is acting like I have a leak again so I am a little bit sick and tired of these dumb ss brake lines.

Archived