TBSS Intake manifold and throttle body?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling its something easy too can it be the vacuum GI ss was talking about he says something about "when you go wot it reverses and thats why you need the vacuum."and I don't he does sorry about the logs

I doubt that's your problem, but did you set up your PCV system properly?

Like I said, I doubt that's it. But that stuff should be hooked up. Top of the manifold goes to the the back for the drivers side valve cover. And the passenger side valve cover goes to the intake tube (you have to drill and tap to the intake tube) if your using a gen lV throttle body.

I still dont think this is your issue. But it should be solved. where are you running the PVC lines? Or are they hooked up at all or capped off?

Please tell me you didn't leave the PVC line hook up on the top of the intake manifold open... Or else that really is your problem and you'll be running stupid lean. Especially when you go WOT and it would bog like nobodies business.

Edited by canadianVRss (see edit history)

I am hoping that's it lol my friend said I was running lean for some reason and my dads the one that plugged this stuff up I am learning slowly as we build on the ss maybe that's the mistake because we do have some line I'm not sure what but some is connected to the front top port on the plenum

Okay, make sure all that stuff is hooked up properly. I was under the impression it was hooked up somewhat well earlier and that's why I figured it probably wasn't the problem. But if you have any open ends in that PVC system the engine will pull in air through it and it won't run very nicely. Intake to drivers valve cover. Passenger valve cover to intake tube.