TBSS Intake manifold and throttle body?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is everyone doing with the PVC line? I saw in another forum where someone tapped into the intake tube or heard of running a breather filter but there is no mention here or the how to section.

I put a brass NPT thread to barbed fitting in my intake tube then ran 3/8th tubing to the PVC line.

What i want to know is how is this going to work with a stock transmission lol my trans is basically stock I might get a shift kit and a corvette servo but with my build will the transmission hold? TBSS plenum, 90mm throttle body, 40lb injectors, 243 ported heads, 235 243 621 624 113 cam, 3600 edge stall, pacesetter headers

That is a big cam right lol idk what size would have been good? If I would have known about how good the torquer v2 and v3 cam work in this truck I probably would have considered those but I love this can response from a roll say 35 dude this thing flies lol with the 3600 edge stall and the cam I got I think it works great!

Oh I have no doubt it does well from a roll and if you're going to be roll racing that's great. But if you want to launch well with that cam look in the 3800-4200 stall range. I'm running a 3200 with a 224 228 and I'm wishing I went 3600ish. Not saying the 3200 doesn't run well. But the cam would really like a little more stall. You're really moving your power band up with that cam. What are your shift points set at?

I mean no offense but the ss launches badass with the 3600 stall I am buying the parts for the plenum swap and waiting for the 243 ported heads. with that it should help out a bit. My shift points are say 6800 6400 and 6400 some where around there I'm not 100% lol our rpms only read 6000. I Love the 3600 edge stall really recommend it!

Well this will help out ultimately. because my dad wanted me to go with 4:88 lol which would destroy my tank but put the awd to some crazy use but I just wanted to go 4:56s so with 4:56s and eventually Thinner tires so to speak will have me even higher of a gear ratio. cool thanks!