Got doored!

Sucks about the ding! Do you have any idea where it may have happened or where you parked. I always park in the way back to avoid stuff like this

As for the new dd.. Plz burn that front end and replace with 03+ gmc.. Those one piece headlights just awful and way out of place, IMO

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me of when my passenger door was slammed into a rock. POS kid promised to pay for the fix but when he returned to Maine the little sally wouldn't return my calls and basically hid. Classless people are popping up everywhere.

I am sorry to hear about this ding, I remember how pissed I was when my door was slammed. I left a graduation party because I simply could not "enjoy" the night anymore.

Damn, you get a door ding so you buy a new truck lol. You don't think that's a bit extreme? I'm just giving you a hard time.

It has more to do with keeping the SS off the road except for nice weekend drives and what not. The ding was just what it took to push me all the way in the "extra truck" direction. My buddy and girl are making fun of me telling me I'm being a baby about it. But I seriously try so hard to keep the SS in top shape. They don't get it. Lol

Sounds like me and this guy have come to an agreement. I will be picking up my new truck in two weeks don't in anchorage. Stoked. The SS will be parked for a while I think.

Awesome! This is EXACTLY what I did last week! Lol. The only problem is your buying another nice truck!! Your going to be guarding this one now too! Congrats on the soon to be new ride though!

My truck stays in the garage most of the time but every time I was it I find a new mark or dent in it. I recently noticed that somebody had hit my bumper when I was at the store and cracked the paint on my bumper. The black paint with while lines is SUPER noticeable!! If it wasn't for other people my paint and body would be a 10 out of 10 but you cant help stupid....

• 2 weeks later...

Dings, dents, chips, scratches, etc. -the price of using public roads & parking lots. Figure periodic repair in budget as fact of life. Don't like it & inconsiderate people drive us crazy, but fact of life. Wonder the wisdom of another truck, insurance, maintenance, etc verses repair of door ding.

Well you know if I drove a run of the mill z71 wouldn't care nearly as much. However keeping my SS in great condition is worth the headache of extra insurance and maintenance. I would probably care less if my truck also had high mileage. But I feel like keeping my truck in good condition by keeping it off the road as a daily driver is what needs to happen. But trust me I have had several people tell me I was crazy. No one has to get it but me.

• 2 weeks later...

So to give an update the truck I was going to buy and drove 350 miles one way to go pick up apparently sold the night before I was supposed to pick it up. The guy was talking to me all night telling me how happy I was going to be with the truck. And telling about how he spent tons of time and money getting it to the point it was at. So I leave fairbanks and head to anchorage. I text him when I arrive and no response. Tried for hours to get ahold of him with no luck. Had my friend that was with me text him and ask if he could look at the truck and he said it was sold, but wouldn't text me back. Needless to say I was very frustrated.

I always park as far away from all the other cars when I park or next to the nicest vehicle I can find, and sometimes when I come out from a store some idiot manages to go out of their way to still park next to me errrr... If I ever come out of a store and find a dent or ding in my truck and that person's car is still there I would literally mule kick their door in... :devil:

I always park as far away from all the other cars when I park or next to the nicest vehicle I can find, and sometimes when I come out from a store some idiot manages to go out of their way to still park next to me errrr... If I ever come out of a store and find a dent or ding in my truck and that person's car is still there I would literally mule kick their door in... :devil:

This makes me laugh "mule kick" I have done it. It made me feel so much better. And the situation was so messed up. I just two toned my last silverado. Literally like 3 days earlier and parked as far away from Safeway as possible. I came out to an old suburban about 7-8 inches away from my truck. So I climbed through my truck pulled forward just to make sure I didn't get a ding from this person. I found a huge chip in my door jam with a dent where his door hit mine. For the next two minutes I kicked every panel on his truck. I instantly felt better. Now I feel like an idiot for doing it. Just shouldn't stoop to that level.