Trans blown again.

Had my trans rebuilt a couple months back and I got on it today and when it hit second gear it redlined. I pull over and have no 1,2,3, or D. It moves in reverse and goes into park. Brake light is lit with ABS and cluster says service brake system. Wtf happened to my shit? Is it something I can fix easily. I'm thinking its obviously something in the trans. I know its warranty as long as its not my torque converter.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks man. You were exactly the person I wanted to post on this. So even if the output shaft was broken I would still get a reverse gear? Stupid trans. I might as well just put a billet one in there. :(

Thanks man. You were exactly the person I wanted to post on this. So even if the output shaft was broken I would still get a reverse gear? Stupid trans. I might as well just put a billet one in there. :( Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Yes. What probably happened is a previous stress fracture...and over time it slowly got bigger. Until when you hit 2nd it finally gave way.....

Just got the truck towed home

post-9287-137730261719_thumb.jpg

Found my paperwork and come to find out my warranty states it does not cover shaft breakage. That's some bullshit dude. Guy usually charges 500 to drop and install. I guess I will find out Monday. Sucks it might not be warranted.

post-9287-137730258628_thumb.jpg

To answer the question, Yes the shafts are that weak.The problem with the input is if you go 300M billet the weak point is the drum where the shaft splines in. Then if you sleeve that it means the next weak point is the outer portion of that sleeved area on the drum. Kinda the hip bone is connected to the leg bone scenario.

I have been saying this and trying to find someone for years to make a billet drum. No one will do it because the insane cost to get it to full production. They would probably cost 1000-1200. So the next best thing is go to an 80E

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

To answer the question, Yes the shafts are that weak.The problem with the input is if you go 300M billet the weak point is the drum where the shaft splines in. Then if you sleeve that it means the next weak point is the outer portion of that sleeved area on the drum. Kinda the hip bone is connected to the leg bone scenario.

I have been saying this and trying to find someone for years to make a billet drum. No one will do it because the insane cost to get it to full production. They would probably cost 1000-1200. So the next best thing is go to an 80E

Did you try Rossler transmission it's in Ohio and they built mine and haven't had a problem since

For what its worth. I have my tune slamming gears. I also love to WOT first to second. I'm not putting any power other than stock really through it is what is bothering me. I was just about to spend the 2k on rims and tires. Now I'm thinking my truck might be to old and run down. LOL not sure if I want to put any more money in this.

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

Thanks for answering my question.

Well hopefully u can get it up and going soon and it won't cost a ton.

I had it returned when I got the trans built and what not. But its all in what Justin thinks he should do I guess. I told him last time that I got the stall and rebuild and what was done and I think he only adjusted for stall. Who knows.

Truthfully I feel like the tune has something to do with both my losses on the trans. And I'm not just talking removal of torque management.

For what its worth. I have my tune slamming gears. I also love to WOT first to second. I'm not putting any power other than stock really through it is what is bothering me. I was just about to spend the 2k on rims and tires. Now I'm thinking my truck might be to old and run down. LOL not sure if I want to put any more money in this. Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Don't let it bother you, my 04 VHO snapped a output shaft recently. Mods only being a Street Edge 2600, Jakes Stage 1 4L60e, 4.30 Motive Gears, Detroit Truetrac, and a Wheatly tune.

My truck has a seriously harsh 1/2 shift, enough to kick the truck sideways if your taking even the slightest bend in the road and leaves black strips on the road. But still had a dencent amount of TQ managment turned on. All it took was a crazy sticky track which had me dead hooking even with my tires @ 40 psi, hit 1/2 then heard a loud pop! That was all she wrote...

I thought that same thing as you, WTH? My truck is not putting down that much power. Harsh shifts and a heavy pig of a truck, you found the weakest link...

Having mine rebuilt as a Stage 3. Even shocked Jake that my truck snapped the outputshaft a my dailys power level.