Trans blown again.

Got the call. Output shaft was broke and it took my planetary and some other shit with it. Guy isn't charging me labor. Just 300 some dollars for parts. Going to tone my tune back some... Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

happened to me twice.. on both ends.. once with the input shaft.. once with the output shaft.. at the time, my idiot tuner jacked up my trans line pressures to max.. cuz that shift was awesome.. BLECH.. i , since then, and forever, will leave my line pressures at stock settings..

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:unsure: All these transmission failures this summer have gotten me worried now... LOL... My dad and I rebuilt mine two springs ago and it still runs like new... But I don't think we beefed up the input shaft :uhoh:

Haha yeah. I've ripped through 3 trannys just this summer. First a pump, then an input shaft, then a sprag race... And PATC states the level 7 raptor is good to 700hp. Then why do I keep shredding hard parts? But, oh well. I'm getting damn good at 65E R&Is. Lol.

And now that I got a DD, I can afford to give the SS more attention. I can't wait for next summer. :peelout:

Lots of new things coming!

Performance shafts are a must in the 4L60's in these heavy trucks; the vehicle weight is the deciding factor reliability-wise. And for $2500 I would have expected the unit to have come with an aftermarket output shaft in the first place.

"toning your tune back" - yeah you're going to need a fair amount of torque management, with that converter you've got installed, a good converter not only increases the launch RPM but additionally multiplies torque even more going into the transmission (i.e. has a higher stall ratio).

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Haha yeah. I've ripped through 3 trannys just this summer. First a pump, then an input shaft, then a sprag race... And PATC states the level 7 raptor is good to 700hp. Then why do I keep shredding hard parts? But, oh well. I'm getting damn good at 65E R&Is. Lol.

And now that I got a DD, I can afford to give the SS more attention. I can't wait for next summer. :peelout:

Lots of new things coming!

700HP to the wheels or the crank LOL... I very rarely floor it from a dig for those same reasons of destroying something far from home... I am just scared to hit the track 2 hours away and having to call home for my father to grab the car trailer to haul my broke A$$ back home...