Trans blown again.

I would think that when doing 2500$ worth of work he would have asked if I wanted to get a new 100$ shaft while it was all taken apart. The only part that he didn't replace other than the case...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would think that when doing 2500$ worth of work he would have asked if I wanted to get a new 100$ shaft while it was all taken apart. The only part that he didn't replace other than the case... Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I agree, my trans was $1700 and he said he didn't mention replacing that part because usually its not a issue. Guess we proved them wrong on that lol

that may be the root of your issues..harsh/violent shifts may/can/will break stock hard parts. IMO

Bingo! As fun as the crazy shift were I had him dial them back some even with the added billet internals. Not going through this again!

Looks like I'm going to have the tuner do the same. Maybe put my regular driving down to where it should and keep the haul ass button but tone it down a tad also. Been a year and I dog it everyday since the new trans got in. Hell I dogged it before that. Bout time for a 7 yr old shaft to go. Just wish I coulda had the option to replace then and not now.

Looks like I'm going to have the tuner do the same. Maybe put my regular driving down to where it should and keep the haul ass button but tone it down a tad also. Been a year and I dog it everyday since the new trans got in. Hell I dogged it before that. Bout time for a 7 yr old shaft to go. Just wish I coulda had the option to replace then and not now. Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mine is being done through the valve body, my tune is actually rather conservative. I do think the billet servos also had a part in the harsh shifts when combined with a radically modded valve body.

I am rough on mine also, donuts, burnouts, drifting, and WOT majority of the time when no one is around. Doubt I will ever grow up...

You have a warrenty on it?

You can see the stress fracture in that shaft and how it slowly got bigger. Who knows when it occured and it could be cracked for awhile. Then slowely it gets bigger until it gets enough of a shock to send it on home.

Im happy with the 80e swap. Didnt cost nearly as much as rebuilding the 60e over and over again and IMO it drives and shifts so much better than the 60. Maybe youll get lucky and catch something thats under warranty.

Got the call. Output shaft was broke and it took my planetary and some other shit with it. Guy isn't charging me labor. Just 300 some dollars for parts.

Going to tone my tune back some...

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)