Billet?

fast4popper

Anyone running billet wheels? Polished? I'm looking at some custom wheels, and wondering if you noticed the weight savings in acceleration and braking? The wheels in question will be 29lbs each in a 22x10. Let me know, post pics if you have EM... I've talked to the manufacturer and he is willing to do what I'm asking, but at 1000$ a corner, they won't be cheap... Add tires and this isn't a knee jerk decision. Thanks for the help

Depends what you are moving from.. stock wheels and very heavy cast wheels you will notice a slight difference in both, but I would not base the decision on any of that. Billet wheels are all about the look. So if you like and want that look then go for it.

I know all to well about the prices for billet wheels.

The wheels I'm planning on are over 2K for 15x5 up front and 17x12 in the rear... NUTS!

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

I ran the motoforge 22x10 sporttruck wheels on my 06 SSS. They were right at the same weight as the ones you're looking at. I didn't notice too much of a difference, but the truck was pretty much stock as far as performance.

Danny, I'm looking at 3500 for all 4 without tires. And for that price I'm not putting cheap tires on ... I'm bout 98% on my selection, and chrome is out and painted ain't doing it for me. There is something to be said about billet...

As stated cant go wrong with billets..bonspeeds are very nice wheels and well worth the money just as intro and raceline aswell

raceline are junk FYI.. we have a few sets at the shop that came off of customer cars.

Bonspeed and Intro are in a totally different class from raceline.

Your not going to notice rotational mass weight savings with billet wheels with the weight of these trucks. Wheels arent going to do it.

you will notice it in the brakes and that's about it.... but you probably don't have a real aggressive set of brakes or drive the way I do where you would notice it.

Meh I know several people with racelines, they are very nice wheels and the owners have had 0 problems with them..one guy has them on a bagged truck that he drives damn near everyday

Bottom line they are not in the same class as Bonspeed or Intro. I know people that have custom wheels too... what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Oh and some of them drive on them everyday.... :jerk:

I've got a phenomenal set of ssbc brakes, oversized rotors and 3 piston calipers... But I don't drive like you do. ;)

LMAO .. :ninja:

Nice choice on Bonspeed. I talked with them about wheels for my 32. They wanted about 4400 for the set and I just can't stomach that for 15" wheels.