Fabbing my own catback

Brentd

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont remember opening the door to the Rich folks....us poh boys gotta be more resourceful, neccesity is the mother of invention fellas

It has nothing to do with "rich folks" because I'm not with two kids and my wife does not work but your gonna ruin a SSS with a rigged exhaust if it was a Honda civic do it but for a silverado ss it should be a crime to rig anything at all

It's better to save and plan then to rig just my 2 cents

Two kids, one still in diapers, wife doesnt work, dont have a silverado ss, and I rigged nothing, everything from the gm gaskets back are fit for my truck. I chose to run 1 3/4 primary stainless headers with. 3" stainless y pipe, a factory spec mandrel bent 3" intermediate pipe made to fit a143.5 in, wheelbase with a factory flange, not stainless but I really dont care, and a borla xr1 race pipe. The ONLY thing i am not happy with is i am going to run my stock tailpipe which WILL be remedied soon. I am overall very happy with my ability to, as you say, "rig" my entire exhaust, and at half the cost of a corsa cat back exhaust....because I have kids and a wife, i cant for the life of me fathom having 1000$ and spend it on just a catback and get absolutely NOTHING in return but sound because there are 2 different sized oem pipes, cats, and a log manifold sitting between that cat back and the motor . I can however try to make my dollar stretch the best I can and get good gains in return. I may be mistaken but this method has been at the heart of horsepower fans since the first cars rolled off the first assembly line. I have nothing against those that can afford 1500$ headers, 7000$ superchargers, 1000$ catbacks, and 3000$ wheels, and to be honest, I read on these builds and feel like that dazzled kid when I got my Countach poster to hang on my wall in the 80s, but at the end of the day I budget small things in when I can and budget big things in for my family. I am a fan at best, and a hobbyist at heart. Took a lot of planning to get what I ordered, and I am happy with it.........Just my .01 cent, that I could barely afford to give.

It has nothing to do with "rich folks" because I'm not with two kids and my wife does not work but your gonna ruin a SSS with a rigged exhaust if it was a Honda civic do it but for a silverado ss it should be a crime to rig anything at all

Dont be a douche bag. Your 2 cents is worth about as much as turd stripes on a shit ticket. You have not the slightest clue as all you did is buy parts and bolt them on. Go take that attitude and cram it in your A$$ Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

Two kids, one still in diapers, wife doesnt work, dont have a silverado ss, and I rigged nothing, everything from the gm gaskets back are fit for my truck. I chose to run 1 3/4 primary stainless headers with. 3" stainless y pipe, a factory spec mandrel bent 3" intermediate pipe made to fit a143.5 in, wheelbase with a factory flange, not stainless but I really dont care, and a borla xr1 race pipe. The ONLY thing i am not happy with is i am going to run my stock tailpipe which WILL be remedied soon. I am overall very happy with my ability to, as you say, "rig" my entire exhaust, and at half the cost of a corsa cat back exhaust....because I have kids and a wife, i cant for the life of me fathom having 1000$ and spend it on just a catback and get absolutely NOTHING in return but sound because there are 2 different sized oem pipes, cats, and a log manifold sitting between that cat back and the motor . I can however try to make my dollar stretch the best I can and get good gains in return. I may be mistaken but this method has been at the heart of horsepower fans since the first cars rolled off the first assembly line. I have nothing against those that can afford 1500$ headers, 7000$ superchargers, 1000$ catbacks, and 3000$ wheels, and to be honest, I read on these builds and feel like that dazzled kid when I got my Countach poster to hang on my wall in the 80s, but at the end of the day I budget small things in when I can and budget big things in for my family. I am a fan at best, and a hobbyist at heart. Took a lot of planning to get what I ordered, and I am happy with it.........Just my .01 cent, that I could barely afford to give.

Amen brother!

it's not "rigging" exhaust is something you can definitely piece together yourself and because of this each persons truck is there own, with a unique tone to it. Sure some flow better than others, but it's great to mix and match parts together while trying to kill drone and rasp. that first start up of a new exhaust (you guys know what I'm talking about) that isn't a generic kit is awesome because you know that it's something nobodies done yet. Mines about as "rigged" as it gets, it flows well (straight through), is side exit and is true dual with a X pipe and I wouldn't have it any other (generic) way!

Dont be a douche bag. Your 2 cents is worth about as much as turd stripes on a shit ticket. You have not the slightest clue as all you did is buy parts and bolt them on. Go take that attitude and cram it in your A$$

Lol Well said.

We all understand what you were saying Brentd mine is all pieced together. It's done well tho but it has the parts I wanted to put on it the way I wanted it put on. Good luck buddy.

Mine is rigged. I'm not proud. Bought my headers and y pipe from TSP. Problem was I had dual in and out magna flow on it. So I cut the one pipe going in and welded a steel plate on it so now it's single in. Sounds awesome! Just have to save up $$$ for my new cat back. But my truck isnt going anywhere and I have nothing but time.

Wow lol

But I don't think he's hacking up an exhaust because it's not in the same configuration as the stock. And I don't wanna take sides here but why would he ruin it by doing a bigger diameter single exhaust? I mean I like my truck and all but it's not like it's a work of art that shouldn't be altered. I personally went with a 3 ORY into a single 3.5" factrory duramax setup as well, and flows just well with a cutout or through the stock muffler. And I pulled off an aftermarket dual setup for this

Thanks guys....I thought I did my homework well and I am happy with what I have coming in! Canadian, I cant wait for the first start up, and can almost guarantee that it is going to drone lol...prolly gonna have to get a bullet, but I am happy that I found everything I need to get a good fit and finish.