Fabbing my own catback

Brentd

Mine is rigged. I'm not proud. Bought my headers and y pipe from TSP. Problem was I had dual in and out magna flow on it. So I cut the one pipe going in and welded a steel plate on it so now it's single in. Sounds awesome! Just have to save up $$$ for my new cat back. But my truck isnt going anywhere and I have nothing but time.

I actually thought abou doing that to my di/so flowmaster since that thing cost me 270 $ to have welded in, but I changed my mind when I started thinking going with the least amount of restriction I could get...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is rigged. I'm not proud. Bought my headers and y pipe from TSP. Problem was I had dual in and out magna flow on it. So I cut the one pipe going in and welded a steel plate on it so now it's single in. Sounds awesome! Just have to save up $$$ for my new cat back. But my truck isnt going anywhere and I have nothing but time.

I actually thought abou doing that to my di/so flowmaster since that thing cost me 270 $ to have welded in, but I changed my mind when I started thinking going with the least amount of restriction I could get...

I just sold my extra guage cluster so I think I'm gonna go buy another magnaflow but si/so now.

Thanks guys....I thought I did my homework well and I am happy with what I have coming in! Canadian, I cant wait for the first start up, and can almost guarantee that it is going to drone lol...prolly gonna have to get a bullet, but I am happy that I found everything I need to get a good fit and finish.

Hopefully the new wot blast sounds good!

Dont be a douche bag. Your 2 cents is worth about as much as turd stripes on a shit ticket. You have not the slightest clue as all you did is buy parts and bolt them on. Go take that attitude and cram it in your A$$

I fix cars all day long if you had the slightest idea what it takes to be a certified auto tech !!! It's not about bolting shit on. The quality of corsa and ARH cannot be matched by hanging parts on your truck So don't make assumptions about ppl being rich!! working hard and saving for quality that's all I'm saying don't be so quick to judge people

I bet the fit of mine is better then a Corsa on my header back. I fabbed every part from my collectors all the way to my tip. Other than my Borla and mandrel bends, and my v-bands. All TIG welded stainless fit like a glove and no leaks.

Btw I have fixed and diagnosed problems that certified techs "fixed" or couldn't diagnose because the computer told them it could be 1of 5 things. I know more competent non certified mechanics with more all around knowledge of repair and diagnostics than I do of those who are certified.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I fix cars all day long if you had the slightest idea what it takes to be a certified auto tech !!! It's not about bolting shit on. The quality of corsa and ARH cannot be matched by hanging parts on your truck So don't make assumptions about ppl being rich!! working hard and saving for quality that's all I'm saying don't be so quick to judge people

First off, wrong guy to call out....if you have seen anything he has worked on you would know that nothing he touches is any thing less than 100 x's the quality you would get from a "certified mechanic". He builds and advises on builds that are incredible. Second, the rich people comment was a joke....my four year old would have known that. I work very hard for what I have, and I CHOOSE to be financially wise with the hard earned money I make by fabbing my own stuff. You are more than welcome to spend thousands of dollars on your exhaust and i applaud you for doing it. Like I said before, the budget for my truck is not now or ever going to be(at least in the near future) in conflict with my household budget. My household budget does not permit me budgeting 2400-2600 minimum for ARH headers and a Corsa cat back. I started a thread on fabbing my own exhaust, I did not start a thread or ask you for your opinion regarding the brand or quality of said material. Should you feel the need to express your views on American Racing headers or Corsa, please use the search thread next time and chime in on a thread asking for these types of remarks. Danny joked with me about corsa because he knows me and knows I would have liked to have purchased that but cant afford it. You dont know me so unless it is with a light heart and in a joking manner, please take your comments elsewhere.....

Canadian, I can only imagine the WOT is going to be really loud lol...I am almost positive I am gonna have to get a bullet at some point. Lol

certified auto tech LMAO... you muther fvckers cant fix a damn sandwich. All you do is read and take a damn test. So all you have proved here is that you can read and remember what you read. You have TSB's and other written material to get you through a problem. Most the time all you do is flat rate shit to make a living.

Oh I have a clue. I make parts where people haven't or couldn't make something work. I work on shit that cost over 250,000 and is all hacked up by some "certified autotech" that talked some poor old man into whatever cobbled crap they tried to pass off as quality. Yes off the shelf parts you bought about the best you could... however they can be improved. Corsa could always fit better and the mufflers weigh a metric shit ton. On the headers they are the best off the shelf however a custom tailored set of tubes would be far superior to what you bought. So go on with your bad self and fix some shit Mr. Master Mechanic!

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

Canadian, I can only imagine the WOT is going to be really loud lol...I am almost positive I am gonna have to get a bullet at some point. Lol

Haha that's exactly what I had to do after my flo pro max was too loud. I added two bullets to quiet it down.

certified auto tech LMAO... you muther fvckers cant fix a damn sandwich. All you do is read and take a damn test. So all you have proved here is that you can read and remember what you read. You have TSB's and other written material to get you through a problem. Most the time all you do is flat rate shit to make a living.

Oh I have a clue. I make parts where people haven't or couldn't make something work. I work on shit that cost over 250,000 and is all hacked up by some "certified autotech" that talked some poor old man into whatever cobbled crap they tried to pass off as quality. Yes off the shelf parts you bought about the best you could... however they can be improved. Corsa could always fit better and the mufflers weigh a metric shit ton. On the headers they are the best off the shelf however a custom tailored set of tubes would be far superior to what you bought. So go on with your bad self and fix some shit Mr. Master Mechanic!

Okay, I'm not disagreeing with you because I've seen my fair share of incompetent "certified techs" but what do you mean by "take a test?" Isn't a certified auto tech need a minimum of 4 years of college and 40 months of auto experience (apprenticeship) to become a auto tech? Or is it different in the states? Edited by canadianVRss (see edit history)

I can comment on Corsas fit. It didnt. Mine had to be cut and extended 1/4 inch to fit. Its ni e that you made your own. I debated doing the same setup with the Corsa tip.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

Yea it took some research to get the right lengths, but I calledwalker and got a part numer for the intermediate pipe from dynomax which is their performance brand and I was good from there. Just had to. Find it in a 3" mandrel. Fiigured if they made a 3" for a cc w a 5.3 then that I could use it for my 6.0. I just needed that donut style male flange and couldnt find it by itself. Great thiing is I dont have to do. Any welding now.

Best thing is it cost me 650 to my door for everything including band clamps and anti seize lol

My concern was drone since my truck sees over 20k a year with at least 250 a week highway. Thats why I abandoned the XR1 idea, and since my truck was originally a 4.8 I would have had to find the muffler and have it finished off. The corsa ran me about $1700 when all said and done with buying used 6.0 cats and pipes, the Corsa, and install since I had it installed the day after leaving the hospital. No idea where you live (phone doesnt show the info), but I take highways everywhere with speeds varying from 55-80 and the drone from the old Flowmaster was killing me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

My truck is stock besides the tune and super 40 diso flow. I dont have any drone but I cut my tailpipe next to tthe spare and it isnt diected at the ground or any body panels so that may be why..pretty great angle ii think..now once I go lts and catless that is probably gonna be different..