Fabbing my own catback

Brentd

I dont know anyone that i trust enough to do it...i do have a buddy that helicoiled some header bolts on his z06 back in the day but it is just such a tight space, and no one i know has a welder. I have read up on using the washer and nut welded to get it out.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-25729-0-57809600-1386267626_thumb.jpg

Headers came in, passenger side collector was dinged....took it to my muffler guy and got him to put the flare on it and get it to look better

post-25729-0-72781900-1386267699_thumb.jpg

Laid it all out...only issue i see is the O2 bung on passenger side collector is too close to the y pipe....its gonna make band clamping an issue

post-25729-0-07107700-1386267844_thumb.jpg

But they look good, flanges are about 1/2" thick, maybe a hair less. And gaskets came in nice and straight, no damage.

post-25729-0-91816600-1386267918_thumb.jpg

Lol I know...put it together earlier and realized the damn o2 bung is too close to the slip fit connection, so hoping when I put it on the truck the y pipe can be pulled back a litte to make room, otherwise gonna have to lop off the flared part of the y and do a vband there...gonna go get the bolts to connect y pipe to intermediate pipes then put it all together in the living room to see it lol...I amexcited and have to wait till next weekend to put it on the truck lol

Jason, how do you like the 305s? Are your wheels 8.5" wide?

Stock 05 chrome SS wheels I got from John Kelly at kellyperformance of his truck. And the Goodyears are a little over 2 years old and have made many passes at the track DD and still look close to new. I like them they work great they hold air great have pretty good wet weather traction. I can't say a bad thing about them. I can't tell you how many miles are on them I'm guessing a little over 15k. There pretty fat so they look great in my op. I have lots of pics in my gallery if you wanna check em out.

Stock 05 chrome SS wheels I got from John Kelly at kellyperformance of his truck. And the Goodyears are a little over 2 years old and have made many passes at the track DD and still look close to new. I like them they work great they hold air great have pretty good wet weather traction. I can't say a bad thing about them. I can't tell you how many miles are on them I'm guessing a little over 15k. There pretty fat so they look great in my op. I have lots of pics in my gallery if you wanna check em out.

I want to do 305s, or 295s but the only 295s i can find are general uhps and i do not want generals...iim gonna see how big i can get on the 420s.

As for gaskets....Victor Reinz

post-25729-0-44804200-1386293996_thumb.jpgpost-25729-0-82254400-1386294011_thumb.jpg

You can try those and see but like I was saying lots of us have reused the stock Ss ones and they have worked great. Looks like a nice exhaust you have. May be a little loud. Mine is on the loud side but I'm in it 95% of the time and it sounds so good I couldn't be more pleased. GL hopefully the PB will loosen up the bolts for ya.

Yea these gaskets are OE replacenents so they should work fine. And I think it will be loud but I kee watcjing clips of thr borla xr1 on youtube and to be honest they dont sound as loud as a corsa sport to tell the truth..been watcjing clips of thrm on catless exhausts and they seem to be pretty mellow. But if it is too loud I will put a 9" bullet on it to calm it a little...I like loud, just as long as the neighbors dont complain I am fine....well that and as long as I dont want to shoot myself whike going highway speeds lol. And thanks man, I hope to god it does too.