Fabbing my own catback

Brentd

I havent spent much time there. Just been passing through on the 10 and spent time in NO and Baton Rouge. I lived in NW Florida before California. I did a lot of in town driving and really nothing over 55 unless I was on the interstate so drone was not an issue. Curious as to how the XR1 will sound when cruising at 75. When I was picking parts before the Corsa I was set on the XR1 Sportsman.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol me too. Iii only put about 4k a year on my truck so ii dont mind a little drone but I do live in a neighborhood and go tork at 545am 7 days a month so noise is an iisue. I ordered the sportsman so we willl see. I actuallly liive. About a 1/4 mile north of 10 about 35 minutes from Texas. Dont really fo a lot of highway driving and can rollin my wifes maxima if need be...of course it has 2 magnaflows and no resonators so it drones a liiil bit too lol

post-25729-0-83471900-1386126572_thumb.jpg

Summitt fairy stopped by today, headers,y pipe, and intermediate pipe will be in on thursday, then just waiting for a few days off of work to get it slapped on....

post-25729-0-55437100-1386126667_thumb.jpg

May not look it, but spent a few hours cleaning in preparation for the exhaust install, good news i can touch anything under the hood and not get filthy, bad news, found out i am yet another victim of the notorious broken drivers side rear manifold bolt. Noticed it while cleaning and quickly let out a string of obscenities in the driveway which made a lady walking her dog freak out any my wife came running outside to check on me lol.

Which is why i am doing my own shit lol....at the very least i will just have to be pissed at myself....i just got the cai cuz it was CHEAP CHEAP lol..and the headers too lol

Which is why i am doing my own shit lol....at the very least i will just have to be pissed at myself....i just got the cai cuz it was CHEAP CHEAP lol..and the headers too lol

Most of the CAIs are close in HP range. There was a very detailed thread written awhile ago on them. Basically it's just a tube, some have more heat soak than others. you did good. It looks nice.

Thanks man...yea, thats actually why i got this one....i would rather spend money elsewhere...it is serving its purpose....one day it will look really nice under the hood...

Headers and intermediate pipe should be delivered tommorrow, i go back on days friday through sunday, then nights tues through thursday, shooting for next saturday...gonna drive her around for a while next thursday, get her hot then pb blast her. Gonna spray it prolly three times friday, then go to town on saturday.

PB blast is magic...dont understand how the hell it gets in there, but as long as it creeps i don't care how...there is already one manifold bolt broke at no fault of my own, so i am gonna make sure that i dont break one.

PB blast is magic...dont understand how the hell it gets in there, but as long as it creeps i don't care how...there is already one manifold bolt broke at no fault of my own, so i am gonna make sure that i dont break one.

Might want to ask someone if they are willing to take an angle drill and drill a small hole in it and tig weld another smaller bolt to it. Then try to spin it out. If you were near me I could get that damn thing out lol