Fabbing my own catback

Brentd

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May as well put the popcorn up, I'm waiting pics of these badass tubes.

I have a few pics, I will let him post them up. Not sure what the purpose of your comment was, unless you were fishing for wallpaper pictures.

Ugh.... people texting me about this. So I guess I need to waste more time here instead on things that require my attention LIKE FAMILY during the HOLIDAYS!!!!

We do not build headers for many late model applications for 2 reasons, the aftermarket choices are far cheaper than anything we can make and we don't really have an interest in late model stuff.

Any engine builder worth a damn will tell you the same. Custom tailored headers will produce better results compared to any off the shelf product.

THESE ARE FROM CURRENT PROJECTS AND WERE TAKEN TODAY~

Here is a picture of a set of tubes that were built for the Twin Moly Tube chassis 68 vert mustang that we are building. The headers were built by us from information from the engine builder (Watts Shop) and also from our Turbo dealer (Tony @ T1 race development).

CAM00146_zpsba673637.jpg

CAM00145_zps4868d033.jpg

Next are a set of tubes we did for a Watt shop built 502. Tube length and design were specified by the engine builder.

CAM001411_zps8ad05ba9.jpg

CAM00142_zps6a7a7104.jpg

CAM00143_zps3f9c9fc2.jpg

CAM00144_zpsfd189ab2.jpg

We have another set that we just finished for the 66 Nova with a Reher~Morrison 522 but these are still at the coaters.

So if you are questioning our capability I think you are wrong (Please see above examples again). If you are questioning every REAL engine builder and Race Development team out there...Good luck hope you have something top secret that no one else knows about headers.

Feel free to follow my build thread and I will be posting pictures of my headers for my 32 ford that we are building.

Now I'm getting off of this site and going back to spending time with my family for the HOLIDAYS!

I have had 305's on the stock rim since 07 no probs. they are heavy for sure. But you won't see much of a difference. I like the look. They bulge a little but still look fine.

That may have sealed the deal for me, got a couple months left to pay off the wifes wheels on the card then gonna order the tires. I get zero intrest on the card so i pay off each purchase before i make another one so they dont try to put future payments to recent purchase and let old principle sit idle so that the interest can come around. Learned that lesson with Best Buy lol

I have a few pics, I will let him post them up. Not sure what the purpose of your comment was, unless you were fishing for wallpaper pictures.

Man I'm in the CNC manufacturing biz. I own a small shop with thirty CNCs. Most of which cost over 1M. I don't need any wallpaper pics lol, I got stuff way cooler than headers. Those headers are nice, but they are not in the same league as ARH. ARH primaries are full length mandrel bent single tubes. They are built out of a jig which is why they fit so nice. I'm not knocking anybody the guy has good craftsman skills, but the comment above was really a bit over the top. I had to call that out. Have a nice Christmas guys.

I guess what I am having trouble with is how an argument can be made that a mass produced product that is application specific is of higher quality than one-off custom work. If this was the case, the mafia would have shopped at Mens Warehouse, and told the tailors to go screw themselves. A craftsman capable of creating something that is applied to one thing at a time will always be in demand. Ikea does a lot of business, but there is never a shortage of people hiring cabinet makers that can put better quality, and better fit and finish to top it off. Wether the pipes are single mandrel bent tubes, or a series of mandrel bent pieces doesn't matter if the welds are done perfectly. A custom set will have more detail work done on the collecters, a hell of a lot more QA done during the process, and will spare no expense to achieve maximum flow. As a person in a field that holds utmost importance on consistency and accuracy, I can see how you would hold a product made in a jig and built the same, day in and out with such high regard. Hell I agree that AR headers are top notch, would have picked them up if I could have afforded them. But there is a very good reason people pay 2 to 3 xs the money for a set of custom headers. There are advantages and certain needs that can be met with them. Primary length, collector length, flange thickness and primary diameter, as well as collector style are all contributing factors. Some people will require more involved exhaust tuning to match their performance needs, and this is where the custom header build exceeds the off-the-shelf variants.

Crack open a set of AR headers and tell me if the collectors begin to look like these pieces inside.... http://www.stainlessheaders.com/mergecollectors.

Man I'm in the CNC manufacturing biz. I own a small shop with thirty CNCs. Most of which cost over 1M. I don't need any wallpaper pics lol, I got stuff way cooler than headers. Those headers are nice, but they are not in the same league as ARH. ARH primaries are full length mandrel bent single tubes. They are built out of a jig which is why they fit so nice. I'm not knocking anybody the guy has good craftsman skills, but the comment above was really a bit over the top. I had to call that out. Have a nice Christmas guys.

Call out what? You called me out as if I said I could or would build a set of better headers.... I never did say that. I did say that a custom set of tailor headers would be the BEST that money could buy. So you calling me out personally makes no sense what so ever.

That being said ARH are great headers.... I have done business with them several times and have a dealer account with them. On late model there is no better off the shelf option. I even sad that in that guys post when he was asking what to run. I wouldn't waste the time or money on anything late model to make one off tubes for. My post was simply telling the dude that just because he bought the best off the shelf stuff doesn't mean its the best shit out there.

On your comment about the single tubes... you and I both know that requires a computer bender and being you are in the CNC business you know what it would cost to have one set of tubes made up for headers. ARH collectors are very nice and well blended, I would love to run a set of them on my SCSB. The only complaint I and others have had is some fitment issues.

Happy Holidays

Have a merry Christmas Danny! Hope the bathroom turned out great and the misses is happy with it!

Right now I'm supervising the wife and sister in law... making sure they dont burn down the house while making cookies.

Waiting of supplies from Home Depot to finish.... about like always waiting on parts! FML

Right now I'm supervising the wife and sister in law... making sure they dont burn down the house while making cookies.

Waiting of supplies from Home Depot to finish.... about like always waiting on parts! FML

Lol...gotta make Gumbo tommorrow for the fam so hopefully i dont burn the house down lol

Have a merry Christmas Danny! Hope the bathroom turned out great and the misses is happy with it!

Pics of sister in law....... making cookies! I will put the icing on! Lol. I like cookies. And Merry Christmas!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2