New speedsturr and shaved tailgate

MID12sSSS

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Came out sick!! What kit did you use for the shaved tailgate?

Actually, I bought the tailgate already shaved. ;)

Made my job simple. Just prep, paint, and trade it out with my stock one. I'm not quite sure what shave kit was used. It works great though! Handle is on the inside. Just give it a pull and the tailgate comes right down. Nice thing is, is that I can lock the tonneau, and now it's fully secure. There's no handle on the outside, so you can't get in without a key to first unlock the speedsturr, and then drop the tailgate. Plus it looks awesome! Haha.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Actually, I bought the tailgate already shaved. ;)

Made my job simple. Just prep, paint, and trade it out with my stock one. I'm not quite sure what shave kit was used. It works great though! Handle is on the inside. Just give it a pull and the tailgate comes right down. Nice thing is, is that I can lock the tonneau, and now it's fully secure. There's no handle on the outside, so you can't get in without a key to first unlock the speedsturr, and then drop the tailgate. Plus it looks awesome! Haha.

That was the route I wanted to go with on my truck. Looks really good and like Richard said above now I want to spend more money lol.

Looks awesome Brandon, even looks like the you got a good color match which can be tricky with the Arrival blue from my experience.

Post some side shots with cover on, outside when you get a chance!

The drop kit is a DJM 2" hangers, 2" shackles, 3" LCAs, and yes. A C-notch and Belltech SP shocks are a must. I also dd a little bit of torsion adjustment to make it perfectly level with a full tank of gas... If you buy your kits through Tony, have him hook you up with a rear sway bar too. They're great.

Haha I used it for the first time today. Went to the commissary to go grocery shopping. It was so nice not having to pack the back seat with groceries. Just unlock the tonneau and load up the bed. :thumbs:

Lol. It's practical and looks cool. Definitely recommend the speedsturr to anyone wanting a tonneau cover. And if for some reason you want to take it off to load up a couch or something tall, all you have to do is unhook the clips that hold the hinges to the bedside, and lift the whole thing off. Pretty neat.

Looks good man, one thing ill say and im sure you already know this but make sure the bedcover is aligned perfectly because when I had mine it was off just a little bit and rubbed the paint off on my gate and a little on the bedsides

Lol! Yeah. I was very careful mountin it. Took me about an hour of taking measurements and fine adjustments before I drilled and mounted the hinges.

Just wait till you get the bed rug thats when things start getting practical hahaha (that moment when you need to put a used engine block in the back)

Yeah. It's rhino lined now, and I'll probably leave it that way. Haha.

I'll get some more pics for you. I just saw that you wanted some outside pics in your previous post.

That looks killer! I was looking into that Gaylord lid but my shaved gate has custom paint over the little spoiler on top of the gate. From the looks of your pics, it looks like you had to take yours off so the speedster would fit right?

Nope! The tailgate cap doesn't have to come off. It'll clear when the cover is closed. You just won't see the cap so I didn't bother putting it back on. But if you've got custom paint on your tailgate, you could even extend that paint job onto the tonneau. Just an idea.