Descided to build a system for my VHO...

jmgak47

What I already had collecting dust on a shelf was a Kenwood Excelon KDC-x889 circa 2005 BNIB, had been saving in case I ever wanted to build a system again lol

Also have a Sirius tuner I will integrate into the truck using the factory antenna.

Door speakers are upgraded already to the JBL GTO's since they are 2 ohm and worked well with the OEM Bose, odds are will be replaced.

So what I have ordered so far:

PAC OS-2C-BOSE

PAC SWI-X

And now the good stuff!

Diamond Audio D61500.1

6ae8.jpg

And for the subs I just ordered two Diamond Audio D612D4's

x114D612D4-F.jpeg

The box will be a Fox Acoustics dual vented downfire 10 box, that I will cut out to make the 12's fit. The specs on the box are 1.2 ft^3 and tuned to 36 Hz per side. The 12" D6's will do very well in this box!

GM-XC-210-V-99-2.jpg?1320915299

Edited by jmgak47 (see edit history)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the bumps on top of the box? Looks like a spot for the magnet to sit? How will that work if you need to use the backseat doesn't look like it won't be able to sit Like it should, or are you taking the back bench out completely?

GL with the build

Yep they are to make room for large magnets. According to Joe Fox the builder the back seat will sit just fine. I am sure it will wear the rear sears out where those are but that does not bother me.

Thanks man, I am hoping it comes together smoothly. I will be getting a upgraded alternator because I know the factory 105 amp will not cut it. Looking @ a 200 or 220 amp.

MDF sprayed with bed liner. I have ran one if his box's in my Ram I use to have, sounded amazing and was a solid box. Fox Box's are just not as well known in the GM world, he started out building box's for the Ram first and hands down they are the best for them. IMO I am willing to bet he makes the best box's for GM trucks also but hasn't really gotten his name out like he did with Rams.

What is your system?

I will ask him the specifics tomorrow. And get a price.

Thanks man!