Descided to build a system for my VHO...

jmgak47

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prefabbed boxes not custom built. Lost the first 2 to a pair of 10" w1's and current box to a pair of 10" w3's. Bought in different states while military or on the road. Like I said I am looking to see an install of that fox unit now.

If they couldn't hold up to a W1 or W3 then you had a bad built box.

My last Fox Box had a 12" Diamond Audio D6 with 650ish RMS going to it, they are comparable to a W6

I will be running two of those subs in this box with 1600 RMS going to them, have no worries at all about it holding up.

The vented 10 box like I will be using for my 12's will work very well for your W3's. Since your W3's, if they are the v3, optimal box is a 1.25 ft^3 vented enclosure with a tuning frequency of 32 Hz. The Fox Box's 1.2 ft^3 and 36 Hz tuning frequency is close enough...

You will be shocked at how much better is sounds!

Just need to worry about tuning. Man thanks for posting tjis audio build. Would have never known of this box

Tuning shouldn't be that hard, my problem is that I am a protectionist and will spend hours never deciding what I like lol

Sure thing man! Hopefully I will get some pics and results posted up soon.

Well after thinking it over I canceled my order for the Diamond D6's and went with two Fi SSD 10's with added cooling.

Have always wanted to try out a Fi sub, so I figured what the hell lol

Well after thinking it over I canceled my order for the Diamond D6's and went with two Fi SSD 10's with added cooling.

Have always wanted to try out a Fi sub, so I figured what the hell lol

I like your choice. I have a single FI 18 in my truck and love it. I have two more new SP4 18's waiting for a new home. I just recently bought a 2 door s10 blazer. Ready to start another project.

I have heard and read nothing but good things about Fi

After calling Diamond after having second thoughts about the recommended ported box on there manual, they told me that was a marketing ploy and the minimum you should run. So I said heck no, screw that! lol

O my lol, I must be getting old. Don't think I could handle that, open headers on a drag car/truck is one thing but that much bass is another haha

Edited by jmgak47 (see edit history)