04 Silverado SS AWD 10.9@ 126

Black6spdz

I will attempt to I am not normally one to take a lot of pictures. The motor is out and tore down, it is at Baker Engineering right now for block work and I will assemble. My upcoming main concern will be that I do not have billet shafts in the 80e.

Quick build list

Diamond pistons

Callies rods

ARP main studs

ARP 1/2" head studs

10 to 1 comp

E85

Billet S480

Same Trick Turbo Cam

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well unfortunately i blew the truck up a few weeks ago, it was my own fault on very low boost. The truck will be back on the road in a few weeks with a built motor and a bigger turbo looking to go much faster this summer.

Well this is no good! I am hoping to have mine up and running by the end of July. I hope yours goes together well.

Why are you going 1/2" head studs? 30psi?

And if your going to e-85 your going to be changing your fuel system to what? Dual 450's?

I'm in to watch this one. Flip through my build thread. Pretty close setup to mine.

Thanks hope all goes well for you too. How fast you looking to go?

Lol! What ever it will run. I'm going to push it up until I can't anymore. If I make it up around 20 psi that should get me into the 10's. It will be interesting to see what it does.

I do wish I had gotten my compression down around 8.8-9.0. That's really my only regret.

yeah it looks like it is very similar. Yes it now has dual 450 pumps. The 1/2 inch studs barely cost me anymore than stock size, and it could end up north of 25 psi and i do not want to have to worry about it. It did take 20 with stock head bolts though without pushing water.

10-1 compression, 20+ psi, E85... Good call here :thumbs:

I'm aiming for 20psi on 10-1 myself. Only, our fuel quality up here is pretty poor. Gonna have to invest in some methanol or 110. Lol. Glad you're gonna give the build thread a shot. We drool over builds like this. I appreciate you sharing.

The bigger head studs will help alot. GM did bigger head bolts on the LS9 engines for the same reason. I'm quite surprised you aren't doing a 4" stroke. TJ does like the high boost smaller inch idea, but that just leaves room for potential issue. Either way I'm sure you'll end up somewhere around the 10.4-10.6 range if it all works as suggested. It's a shame he never got Chris's truck back out after that 11.01.

AKSS, you have no worries man. You won't need anywhere near 20psi to get into the 10's. That's the whole reason for changing the crank. Stroked SS could easily get his into the 10's on the 12psi he went to the track with last time if he hadn't had a fuel pump failure and he has hp losses of turning the blower.

There's a lot of nice FI builds going on right now. I think I'm going to be the only 2wd one on the bunch and can't help but wonder how I'm going to do at the track once my truck is done compared to all you AWD guys.