Random Miss Fire Problem Found

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen dealers do some un godly things. Break shit un purpose just so they can get paid. I had one by me replace the door actuators for my vents which cuts off air flow under warranty. I go to get my truck back and they now only broke my steering wheel, but the glue that is used to put the dash back together, that was all over my interior. I avoid dealers at all costs for reasons like you experienced and what I went thru, and have seen first hand.

uh uh uh that sucks they did that. I'm just glad Art (Wickedowesix) was there to help me diagnose and fix my actual problem and Ray (chpspecial) for the crank re-learn.

Yea saved me a 3k mistake thank you Wickedowesix and chpspecial

Nice work guys. Nice to see people help each other out. I was gonna say crank relearn I kinda had a feeling.

Good to see the crank learn fixed the missfire problem. I run into that frequently showing a false missfire condition and have seen people spend huge amounts of money to fix what should have been handled in the beginning. I tell every customer that I send a pcm to that they need to do a crank learn. Anytime you change computers, swap your camshaft, change timing chain, or pull the motor apart a crank learn needs to be done. I know my post sounded like me being a dick, but the point I was making is that what you had there didn't sound like it was the fix. Too many people on here read a post like this and will start not only thinking that is the fix for theirs as well, but also start answering other posts as if they know what they are talking about saying x....x....x... is the fix because they read it somewhere else. At one time we had a transmission builder on here giving transmission advice on a daily basis and yet couldn't get his own to hold up in a 14 second truck. Once I seen you had a modified pcm it only seemed logical that a crank learn likely wasn't done. It's a shame your tuner didn't tell you that when you bought the pcm and even more the dealer didn't try that as a fix. Good to see Art and Reynaldo stepped up and helped you out. They are two of the nicer guys on this site with some knowledge to add to the mix.

Good to see the crank learn fixed the missfire problem. I run into that frequently showing a false missfire condition and have seen people spend huge amounts of money to fix what should have been handled in the beginning. I tell every customer that I send a pcm to that they need to do a crank learn. Anytime you change computers, swap your camshaft, change timing chain, or pull the motor apart a crank learn needs to be done. I know my post sounded like me being a dick, but the point I was making is that what you had there didn't sound like it was the fix. Too many people on here read a post like this and will start not only thinking that is the fix for theirs as well, but also start answering other posts as if they know what they are talking about saying x....x....x... is the fix because they read it somewhere else. At one time we had a transmission builder on here giving transmission advice on a daily basis and yet couldn't get his own to hold up in a 14 second truck. Once I seen you had a modified pcm it only seemed logical that a crank learn likely wasn't done. It's a shame your tuner didn't tell you that when you bought the pcm and even more the dealer didn't try that as a fix. Good to see Art and Reynaldo stepped up and helped you out. They are two of the nicer guys on this site with some knowledge to add to the mix.

After all the reading I did and research about the misfire I never came across the crank relearn, honestly I had no clue what is was prior to Chpspecial helping me. After a few messages and short drive later Ray fixed my "random misfire" with a crank relearn. Now my tuner is no longer my tuner anymore, after countless number of phone calls and emails there has been no real response. Luckily I still have the factory pcm that came with the truck and I am having chpspecial tune it for me.

Going to install some go fast goodies for him with all the money he saved too :D

This is correct so far with the money Art has saved me I have purchased the following:

Fast LSXRT 102mm Intake

90mm LS3 Throttle Body

42lbs 8.1 Marine Injectors

X-Link

Corvette Fuel Filter

Coolant Bypass

This should be all getting installed in the next week, I am just waiting for all the parts to arrive before I send it to Art's garage.

This is correct so far with the money Art has saved me I have purchased the following:

Fast LSXRT 102mm Intake

90mm LS3 Throttle Body

42lbs 8.1 Marine Injectors

X-Link

Corvette Fuel Filter

Coolant Bypass

This should be all getting installed in the next week, I am just waiting for all the parts to arrive before I send it to Art's garage.

Sounds good. I will be patiently waiting to mod that bad boy :)

After all the reading I did and research about the misfire I never came across the crank relearn, honestly I had no clue what is was prior to Chpspecial helping me. After a few messages and short drive later Ray fixed my "random misfire" with a crank relearn. Now my tuner is no longer my tuner anymore, after countless number of phone calls and emails there has been no real response. Luckily I still have the factory pcm that came with the truck and I am having chpspecial tune it for me.

what exaclty is a crank relearn, sounds new to me

It's a process where the pcm learns the harmonics of the entire engine, if you swap pcms and/or change a camshaft the harmonics change, causing false positives for missfires and knock. This is why a the process should be done after a cam swap or pcm swap

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk