MID12sSSS TVS2300 370 build

MID12sSSS

Okay. Thanks. Yeah I almost forgot about that.

Haha it'll be awhile before I start installing interior goodies though. Gotta get the powertrain ready to go first...

I'm not rushing anything. Haha if anything I'm overthinking it. :lol: Gotta make sure it's perfect if I'm going to have a chance keeping up with you.

:peelout:

Any chance I can borrow your vacuum plug kit? Gonna prep my tank for install this week.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Maybe Matt can chime in. He's done lots of crazy LS swaps. I'm sure he's run into clearance issues a hundred times.

Lol. I hope it doesn't have to sit there too much longer. I think I should win an award for how long this has taken me. :lol:

Missed your posts!

Yeah I've run into all kinds of LS swap fitment issues before and modding accessory drives. I had the same problem with the LS3 throttle body hitting into my alternator when flipped upside down on the SS with the jackshaft style magnacharger I have. I ended up just buying the 88mm or whatever it is truck style tb to gain clearance and make my setup work.

Looks like you've got a good idea going with the dirty dingo bracket and your old alternator and maybe clearanceing some stuff, thats like something I would end up doing! If it doesn't fit just mod it! :laugh:

Worst case use the Holley relocate bracket, it will be a pain getting all the steering lines made up but from the looks of it that might be the ticket if you can't get the low mount working. Maybe buy the bracket from somewhere you can return it if it doesn't fit.

I'm really glad to see progress on your build and I'll keep checking back for updates!!

Thanks for the reply Matt. :thumbs: Yeah I ordered the low alternator mount from dirty dingo and an LS1 alternator. SHOULD do the trick. If not, I may have to do some grinding or worse relocate it. But im pretty confident I can make this work. Itll be nice to finally put the accessory drive behind me.

I also ordered my Precision 2800 Multi Disc converter.. $1079 later.. :tear: . But that means ill have everything needed to put the trans/transfer case on when it arrives! :cool:

Still dickin around with the fuel system though. Summit screwed me and sent the wrong fittings for my return line, so now im waiting on the right ones to finish things up.

Ill post some pics of my progress once I start getting things done. Hopefully gonna get some more done this weekend. Ill try to squeeze in some time for the truck.The family wants to see a hockey game tonight, tomorrows valentines day, and since we have a heat wave coming through right now, my dad and I wanna get our sleds out to the mountains while we can. I haven't even roped mine over this winter yet. We don't have enough snow, then we finally get enough snow and its way too cold to ride... Anyway, ill keep you guys posted.

Oh, and I was looking back at the first page.. Haha. Itll be 1 year next month!!! That's how long ive been procrastinating. :lol:

Got a few new parts in. Some 8" fans for the fluidyne, my alt bracket, Hobbs switch, and some fittings.

5F0AE4BF-148E-42B7-844C-8AF4AE568F21_zps

Gotta do some cutting on the bottom and get these mounted up

B64BA6EB-06EA-44F4-AA31-877421338E4E_zps

New slip fitting for my return to the pump

50468CF2-C13C-40B7-96C0-B4F3251BB2C7_zps

Also painted the trans and T case. Should stay cleaner with a layer of paint.

680B73C1-7A0A-4C7A-8E9A-09E822FD4827_zps

7DB1CE8A-D022-406A-87B2-3A0E75236E3B_zps

706A670F-27F1-4974-BA89-83A45E875AC7_zps

Nice!!

Did you have to cut about 1/16" off the threads of the front trans cooler fitting? I read a few reviews that others had to. I also had to. It's got more threads than the factory fitting. Little trim and it was good to go. I also got another 20' of -6 for cooler lines too. :thumbs:

I think I'm gonna pick up some AN wrenches this next week off the tool truck so I can return yours.

Yeah.... The AN stuff adds up quick.. Like $25 for each fitting and $100 for 25' of line. I think I've got $1500 or so into the fuel system. :(

But atleast Ill never have to touch it again. It'll support any motor my truck will ever see in its lifetime. :pimp:

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Bro, those fans are intense! It's about time you got off your ass and are making some progress, lol Looks awesome man!

:rollin:

Haha yeah. It's already been a year. I wasn't able to enjoy it at all last summer, and the one before that I maybe put 400mi on it as I was too busy swapping out broken transmissions... :lol: This'll be the one. :cool: Gonna make sure it's ready to rock when the snow melts so I can enjoy my investment and hardwork. Can't wait to get it out and go to cruises, and car shows, and see what it'll do at the track.

nice very nice :thumbs:

Thanks Eddie. :thumbs:

I can't wait to do some cruising!! It should be pretty cool. Hell we have enough trucks we wouldn't even be the smallest car club in Fairbanks! Haha!

But damn Harley. Truck looking all sweet. Yours is all buffed out. Mine looks like douche. I guess I just have to be fast enough that you guys can't see it!

Mine looks like douche.

:crackup:

Nah. It'll look good. I know you've got plans for it. It'll look awesome when it's done. We're just getting the important stuff out of the way first. I can worry about making my paint spotless later. It's gotta actually be fast before I put the money in to make it look fast.