MID12sSSS TVS2300 370 build

MID12sSSS

• 2 months later...

Eh not really. I'm in Portland right now for training. Been busy. Also had a 2 week vacation. I did start bolting stuff in, but not enough for me to post an update. Haha. I gotta get a new daily driver before winter hits too. That's been my priority. So the truck funds have been kinda slim. Although, I did find out that I have to make 1" aluminum spacers to go between the engine mounts and the frame mounts. I need to lift the engine up a whole inch to get the alternator to clear the steering box and front diff support. There's plenty of firewall and tunnel clearance yet. So it should be fine. Of need be, I can put 1" spacer at the trans crossmember too if I run into drive angle issues. But I can accommodate all that when I have my driveshaft built. I've been helping justin with his build on my spare time. Trying to get his running within the next week or two. He's getting really close as you can see if you have been following his thread. I've got mine tore apart in my shop. It's going to be a long winter and I have plenty to do. I plan on having it all built up, polished and waxed for next spring. I'll have all the interior done and everything. Hopefully my brake lot as well. That way come spring, the time for working on the truck will be done and I can just focus on enjoying it all summer. Cruises, racing... Can't wait. Haha. But I'll keep you guys posted. Sorry it's taking so long.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys... :( No updates really. Ive tinkered on it a little here and there, but after wrenching all day at work, last thing I wanna do is go home and keep wrenching. Its in the garage taunting me every time I come home, but im so exhausted that I just sit on the couch with a beer and that's all she wrote. Lol! Its winter here now, and my energy level is nonexistent. I was going to the gym, making progress on the truck... Now im growing a beard and a beer gut. Lol. Plus I made the mistake of buying a PS4 so ive been playing Destiny like crazy. It'll be ready for spring though. Our snow really doesn't disappear until early May, so I have lots of time to put it together before the snow is gone. But im sure itll be spring before I know it if I don't get busy soon.

Quit procrastinating!! Lol. Just cuz it's winter doesn't mean the roads are covered in snow the entire season. There are times when the roads are clean and clear. That way you can take it out on its "road trials" and get all the bugs worked out, so that come spring time, you can enjoy it without worry or more downtime.

Quit procrastinating!! Lol. Just cuz it's winter doesn't mean the roads are covered in snow the entire season. There are times when the roads are clean and clear. That way you can take it out on its "road trials" and get all the bugs worked out, so that come spring time, you can enjoy it without worry or more downtime.

I agree its an AWD truck after all! LOL just kidding, I'm sure you will get it done with some time.

Lol! Yeah. I'd like to get it completely worked out and done by spring. That way I can just drive it, go to cruises, and enjoy the investment. I spent all last summer wrenching on my truck while everyone else was out enjoying theirs. It sucked! :lol: I'm procrastinating terribly, but I'll make some progress soon.. I'll keep you guys updated. :thumbs:

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Damn dude at the rate you are going I will have my 2300 purchased,installed and tuned but I understand all to well about not wanting to work on your own stuff after work.

Good luck.

Oh yeah. Definitely. If all I was doing was a kit 2300, it would have only been down a day or two. But all new top end, fuel system, 4L80 swap and lots of headache with the accessory drive... Still no excuse but laziness for it taking me this long though. Haha. Makes me wonder if I took the right route, spending all this time and money on the billet hybrid drive... Especially when I see Eddie dipping into the 10s with a simple belt wrap. If nothing else, atleast it'll look cool! Lol!!

:pop: can't wait ......

Haha thanks Eddie. One day I hope to be as fast as yours. You and angrygreg have the two trucks that inspired me to go with a jackshaft 2300 in the first place. :thumbs:

Its funny you guys are busting his ballz. I think hes been doing pretty good. my truck is going on 2 years without being worked on. its not going anywhere still sitting in the garage under the cover. lol it will be there when I get to it. Compared to me your making great time. Ha