MID12sSSS TVS2300 370 build

MID12sSSS

I got the motor put in last night. Stayed our in the shop until midnight, but got it done. I'll keep plugging away and get the engine compartment put back together. I leave for vacation in 10days, so not sure how much more ill get done before then. But I'm still aiming to turn the key the first week of August. Fingers crossed!

image_zps4a9b2fad.jpg

image_zps95ade07d.jpg

image_zps46340bfc.jpg

image_zps498e3fe5.jpg

image_zpsb68b522a.jpg

image_zps2c2de08c.jpg

image_zps75dc93ad.jpg

image_zps09ba41c1.jpg

Lol. I'll lay it on there for the time being, but I'll need it off to bolt up the trans bell housing. And the headers might be a pain too with the accessory drive on. So I think the next step is get te fuel system done. Then slap the trans in when I get back from vacation.

Bro, seems like everytime you post pics there's a FORD in the background...what's up w/that?

You're in the home stretch now though, coming right along!

Lol yeah. In this case it was coincidence. That's the neighbors truck. But yeah. I work at a ford dealer... For now. Lol!

I got my alternator pulley swapped over.. What a pain in the ass! For anyone wanting to do this swap, when you go to order your alternator, don't say it's an automatic... I used a 2010 camaro SS to order up all my parts. He asked if it was auto or manual. I said automatic thinking what difference does it make on an alternator... Well a big one. When I started tearing into the alternator, I noticed it had a goofy pulley on it. So I asked joe if I had gotten the right one, cuz his alternator 8 rib pulley looked way different. At first, Joe didn't think I had gotten the right alternator. He said he's never seen a camaro alternator with that pulley... Well turns out the automatics get an alternator with an overrun clutch pulley. It's called an OAD. And since 99.9% of camaro SSs are manuals, you never see these. Lol. So that explains why it stumped joe, and why I had to order this alternator and pay a ton of money for it. Lol. The OAD alternator is about $150 MORE than the regular one. And to top it all off, you need a special Mercedes tool to get the damn thing off. Lol! I took it to an electric repair shop in town and they took it off for me. It's all done and good to go now, but had I said "manual" when asked, it would have saved me a lot of money and headache. So, lesson learned there. Lol. Anyway, it's done now.

image_zpsfdca5718.jpg

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Same as always. Nothing too great but always good to see what people do. There was a sweet 57 Chevy with an entire music studio set up in the back uqu6anu6.jpg at least for his guitar and a bass I believe. Thought it was kind of cool.