SRT10 Dodge?

6.0ss

Ok guys,  I have a friend that works at a dodge Dealer and I can hop on into a Red or Black SRT10 for 40k and change.  I am looking at the black one, we all know black is the fastest  :P .  What are your opinions of this truck?  Have anyone of you driven one or been able to drive in one?  My problems with it are you can't tow with it and it is only 2wd,  Things I like, Stick Shift, 500hp, racing seats, 22's, 6 speed, in a real truck!  Let me know what you think,  I kinda want one!!

Not much you can do with that truck as a daily driver... no towing, no back seat, and it's a Dodge. Good looking truck though! However, you can go fast from light to light. I'd buy another bike... Hey, weren't those trucks listed @ 57,000 and they'll let one go for 40..... hmmmmm, sounds like they (Dodge) don't think it's worth it either. :banghead: Your SS looks great :cheers:

Actually the MSRP is around $47,000.00. The local dealer here just sold one for $42,000.00

I would consider the Quad Cab, but that one is going to be over $50,000.00. I would buy an Escalade before the Dodge although if the Quad had the 6-Speed, it would be a difficult decision. I don't need the truck for a daily driver or to tow, but I do have 2 kids I need room for at times.

Im managing a Chrysler Dealership and have driven both the standard cab and the new quad cab. About a week ago we had a rep from Detroit come by with a rattling noise on the Quad that we fixed and I put about 50 miles on it. I love the power, it seemed to never end and was on tap at any rpm. The only thing that I don't feel is needed on the standard cab is the standard trans. there is so much power that when you are really laying into the throttle it is a chore to continue to shift, especially when you are lighting up the rear tires. The Quad with the auto trans smooths out the shifting quit a bit. Both are real fun trucks, but that is all, just a fun truck. I could not buy the standatd cab for anything but a toy, because thats all it would be good for. The quad is a lot better truck because you can actually tow with it, (7500 lbs) the standard cab is not recommended for any towing because of the trans cant handle the ponies and a tow laod.

My second SS was totaled last week and I have been considering other trucks but even after driving both it still does not compair to my Chevy SS :smash: .

Oh ya, rattles are a big concern from the viper truck owners.

Just my 2 cents, JOSH

Oh ya, rattles are a big concern from the viper truck owners.

Customers complaining about rattles... Sounds like the old vette's, never ending rattles and squeaks...... :mad:

The biggest on the Quad from what I understand is going to be the trans dijpstick tube rubbing on the firewall.

But so far they have tons of dash and interior rattles.

JOSH

Ok, I went to another dealer to get their opinions on the truck again. Things you can't do with it!!! LOL

TOW,, THIS IS HUGE<, no towing!!

No more than 500LB of weight in the bed!!!

No extended cab

Very expensive

7-11 MPG!!!!!!!! LOL, I thought the SS was bad

Keep your License in your pocket!!!

Cool truck but not anything more than a toy, Ill take a Vett, CTS-V or M3 first!!

Oh ya, rattles are a big concern from the viper truck owners

Geez, what a disappointment. That's a BIG deal with me. I go to great lengths to find and stop them. Then there's always the one you can't find no matter what. Maybe the Dodge folks will get those ironed out in the next generation SRT. The first run of any vehicle is always full of little bugs.

Ive had alot of experience behind the wheel of the srt-10 (father owns one) so ill give you some pros on cons.

Pros

-The power is increadable, pulls very hard (harder than my low 13 high 12 sec SS).

-The brakes are increadable also, it stops as fast as it gets up to speed.

-THe shifts are actually pretty short considering how long the shifter is.

-Its has a pretty stiff clutch (which gets a little annoying in traffic), but it suprisingly drives and shifts pretty smooth when driving normal.

-Looks are a tossup, I personally think its a great looking truck, but others dont. However it sure does get alot more looks than the SS does. :banghead:

-Not as hard to keep traction as everybody thinks it is (once you learn how to launch it), although it does suck driving it in the rain etc.

Cons

-Although the truck handles very well (for a truck), it really feels top heavy and often feels like your gonna slide the back end out on it.

-The steering is way to touchy. I slight movement of the wheel while shifting gears can get you swearving back and forth pretty easily.

-Very bumpy ride do to stiff sporty suspension.

-Stereo kinda sucks, I would much rather go my own route and do a custom stereo rather than having dodge do there own thing like they did in the srt-10 putting an amp and a 10 inch sub in there.

-An average mpg of 9.1, enough said there....

Overall its a really fun truck to drive, but not practical at all. I would much rather have a vette or something to mess around with on the weekends, because if you think about it the srt-10 cant really do much more than the vette other than carry more because its not a functional truck.

Hope this helps you out. :thumbs:

I agree with everything here, thanks for the opinions,  I guess what I am running into is that,  I had a Very Modified Mitsu Evolution, that was running 11's, (that was a sick car but very hard as a daily driver)  Then I got my SS,  Awesome as a daily driver, but not quite as fun, or fast As I would like a truck to be.  Now I know I can modify the truck, get racing seats put in, which is what I am debating.  Here is the Delema Drop 8k into this truck or drop it into a SRT10, wait untill the new lightning comes out? :banghead: 

GOD THERE HAS GOT TO BE HELP GROUPS FOR PEOPLE LIKE US!!!!! :crazy:

Umm, the Lightning has been put on hiatus till at least 2008. There might not even be one at all till the next F-150 rolls out.

Archived