2BFAST'S Truck for sale

03SSBoy

Makes me want to message the guy just to remind him that he didn't build this truck, nor did he pay anywhere near his asking price for it even including the 80e swap and whatever else he has had done to it since it left Brians hands. Not to mention the fact that it probably looks worse now then it ever has.

Pretty sure he also added the brakes. unless Brian installed those before it sold. didnt think it had a BB kit. but still not even close to the crazy asking price. but if those are the fancy Wilwoods those go for about $4800.00 so its nice to see he put a nice set on it.

You'd have to see it to understand. 30 is about a normal price for a low mileage ss. The transmission swap alone was a 7k job. The wilwood front set up was a 4k job. The pro charger set up with new tune for new tranny was about 8k. That's just three of the big differences. This thing is also set up to run race fuel under the hood. I'm sure you can find a SS with a nice sounding exhaust, wheels, and some other aesthetic modifications for 35. Not one with all the visual mods and also capable of this kind of power and reliability though.

KG

On May 13, 2014, at 3:38 PM, "Chris St . Aubin" <[email protected]> wrote:

Dude you build it? 85 seems kinda steep. I was thinking I could do 35000 cash in hand

I felt compelled to clear up a few things bc I actually do read these forums for a few different trucks as they can be extremely helpful diagnosing problems or getting to see pictures of completed work, which I think is the main purpose of the site. Some of you are mad that I listed a truck on Craigslist (a site notorious for low ball offers) higher than it should be? Yes, I drove it in the rain. I was on the highway and it started pouring and I'm not about to pull off the road and hide under an overpass. Wilwood big brake kit was added here locally along with 4l80e swap bc the 4l65e got smoked and I wanted to reliably get on it when I wanted to pass some exotic made sports car. Also, it's nearly impossible to make money consistently on cars/trucks except unless you're a dealer ripping someone off. I paid what buyer wanted and within a month of owning it, the tranny went from hard shifting to smoked. So I had to eat the upgrade. The previous owner took great care of it and I have as well since it has to be washed and waxed nearly every time I get back with it due to the draft behind the tailgate and chrome wheels being the biggest mistake ever. Anyway, I know y'all want to piss and moan about me trying to get my money back, but if someone out there is willing to spend the money instead of the time it takes to do the work, that's what the truck is worth. Same reason jacked up trucks usually sell for blue book, this could easily as well. BUT, if there's someone out there willing to throw down for this exact truck with all that has been done to it, I am more that willing to recoup my investment the best I can. Hope there are enough sensible people on this forum to understand that. Ps. Guy who wrote me offering fake money, thanks for being so classy. I genuinely feel bad for everyone around you.

I'm going to step away from this post, before I get banned. (Which has happened a few times to me for speaking my mind and being misunderstood). Enjoy your truck. Good luck with selling it. Just let it be known, the pics that are yours, and not Brian's, you can tell its been neglected and beaten.