The Storm

rcapone

60's would work well but just get 80's and be done with it!

Just get the 80's and be done with it. I was running a fuelinjectorconnection injector before I started my new build. They were 60#@43.5 psi(3bar). But since our trucks run at 58psi(4bar) the injectors run at 69.8#@58psi.

The fic injectors worked great for me but I am trying the injector dynamics this time around. I would talk to your tuner and see what he like to work with. Both brands come with the hpt or efi live data that you need.

Also was wondering if anyone has a recommendation as far as the fuel pump is concerned.

I don't think you can ever have too much fuel as long as your not over heating your fuel system. I would think that you could run a single walbro 400 with a return system depending on how high you turn the boost up. What ever you decide to do I think for a regular driver in-tank pumps work the best for cooling of the pump.

I don't think you can ever have too much fuel as long as your not over heating your fuel system. I would think that you could run a single walbro 400 with a return system depending on how high you turn the boost up. What ever you decide to do I think for a regular driver in-tank pumps work the best for cooling of the pump.

Awesome...thanks is this the kit I should get then?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walbro-400LPH-High-Pressure-NEW-Performance-In-tank-Fuel-Pump-400-LPH-Flow-TRE-/280749586096

...and these injectors!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230909990407?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

On the walbro pump. That would be the right one. But that one has a goofy filter sock with it. There is like 5 different socks for them. I would find one that is just squared up. You will also have to fine some more submersible fuel line and some better clamps.

Then you will also need a racetronix fuel pump hot wire kit. That way you don't burn up the stock wiring from the power draw of the pump.

On your injectors. I don't think I would get those ones yet. Have you talked to you tuner? I am no pro but I heard that the data for the deka 80's is hard to find.

And secondly. It seems like there is a catch to how far you can raise your fuel rails to fit those tall injectors. I think you will have to stick to a 48mm tall injector? Maybe the 60mm will fit? I have not had a 2300 blower so these are things you need to check before you order injectors.

Also, are you going to change to a return setup or stay return less? And what base fuel pressure are you goin to run? Stock base fuel pressure is 58.

On the walbro pump. That would be the right one. But that one has a goofy filter sock with it. There is like 5 different socks for them. I would find one that is just squared up. You will also have to fine some more submersible fuel line and some better clamps.

Then you will also need a racetronix fuel pump hot wire kit. That way you don't burn up the stock wiring from the power draw of the pump.

On your injectors. I don't think I would get those ones yet. Have you talked to you tuner? I am no pro but I heard that the data for the deka 80's is hard to find.

And secondly. It seems like there is a catch to how far you can raise your fuel rails to fit those tall injectors. I think you will have to stick to a 48mm tall injector? Maybe the 60mm will fit? I have not had a 2300 blower so these are things you need to check before you order injectors.

Also, are you going to change to a return setup or stay return less? And what base fuel pressure are you goin to run? Stock base fuel pressure is 58.

Yeah, I already spoke to Zippy and he recommended to see if Magnuson would allow me to upgrade to the Deka 60's with the kit. Sounds like a lot of modding to upgrade to the Walbro 400 right off the bat so maybe I will just install the Maggie kit as it comes (with the smaller injectors and pump) and have to drop the tank again later this summer to upgrade the fuel system so it will support the larger injectors, heads, cam, etc. It would be nice to do everything all at once, but since this is peak season for my Brother's shop at Firestone, I can't go crazy on his lift and I'm sure the fuel system alone would take me a day or two...I already have a pretty full plate with the Maggie, trans. cooler and e-fans.

Got the Speedsturr ordered from Gaylords today! They will be shipping it directly to Mike Lavallee of Killer Paint so he can continue his artwork onto the wing and possibly up the entire top of the cover...just depends on how much cha ching he's wanting for that. Last time I spoke with him back in January, he quoted me 3800 bones but you know how "Artists" prices go up! Gaylord's told me it would take about 3-1/2 weeks to fabricate and paint the lid, then another couple of weeks for Mike to paint the flames...I'm guessing about 8 weeks before I have the cover.

Also took the truck to Firestone last Saturday and had them pull all the wheels off so they could take specific measurements required for the "Wheel Fitment" form from Intro. - emailed that to them over the weekend and will get the rims ordered as soon as they call me back. Those are running 8 to 10 weeks to fabricate and ship :(

AND got the tracking # for the Maggie - it is supposed to be delivered this Thursday the 5th!!

ARH headers are still being fabricated and may not ship out until next week

Good to see this build underway. :thumbs: I remember you talking about it earlier this year.

Can't wait to see it all come together. It's gonna look great and be a tire burner! Keep making progress and it'll be done before you know it!

Thanks Brandon...me too!

Got the Intros ordered today! Also had Geoff Skinner from EPS spec out a custom grind for me and this build. To me it's like trying to read Chinese and I have no idea what any of this means, but here's what he came up with...

Duration @ .050" Intake 230 degrees, Exhaust 242 degrees

Lift w/ 1.7 ratio rockers: Intake .604", Exhaust .604"

Lobe Separation: 116 degrees

Intake Centerline: 113 degrees

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)