Me vs. 2014

elijah

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6.2 aren't too quick until they get a tune and maybe some bolt ons.

Really? Ever driven one? Not tryin to be a smartass. But. My 2012 held its own right beside my TBSS. It was at the drivers door at the end of the 1/4 mile. And it had 180 miles on it. And the 2014's are even faster. Edited by Aksss (see edit history)

Me every now and then. I'm getting the new 6.2 hopefully pretty soon. It's fast stock. For a big truck it will rape a stock SS. You seem to forget your truck VS a 6.2 is a big diffrence. My truck no cam or stall use to eat my lady's escalade. Not a fair race tho. Check out some vids. They have recorded the new 6.2 breaking into the 6's 0-60. That's fast. 420hp n 460ftlb tq is no joke.

Me every now and then. I'm getting the new 6.2 hopefully pretty soon. It's fast stock. For a big truck it will rape a stock SS. You seem to forget your truck VS a 6.2 is a big diffrence. My truck no cam or stall use to eat my lady's escalade. Not a fair race tho. Check out some vids. They have recorded the new 6.2 breaking into the 6's 0-60. That's fast. 420hp n 460ftlb tq is no joke.

I took a tuned 6.2. My mods were intake and cam there not that fast until they have some bolt ons. They might have some good torque though

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest. But let me ask this. Was the 6.2 you raced a 1/2ton or heavier. In guessing it was probably a 3/4 ton or bigger. That would explain this. You would be surprised how much the big axles and heavier trans slow these things down.

Between the 6.2's hp and the 6speed auto these things get up and go. At 20mph in my wife's, with the tc turned off it will bark the tires from just stomping on it. And it's not even tuned.

And an intake and a cam can add quite a bit of hp depending on the setup. Maybe your doing better than you think.

I just don't think that's a good statement saying the 6.2's are slow, because for a stock truck there isn't crap for trucks that will touch it.

"Stock SS"

Stock SS or even tuned these new trucks are no joke. If all goes well I'll have one by Nov. I'll take it to the track and post up #'s. There not slow at all. There big and heavy and they roll. When you put an xtra 100hp to a lighter truck it makes a lot of diff.

If I get a chance when I take my SS to the track in a month I will try and get a time for my 2012 1500 crew cab short bed 4x4 6.2. I have to drive 400 miles to go to the track. So don't hold your breath.