let the journey begin

87c785b514039e6af4efc4d9877ecddf.jpg

Anybody have any experience with rail mounted trans coolers? I need to make room up front ... I don't like how the stock cooler sits between the ic and the ac condenser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm changing my whole transmission line setup I don't like them going to the front past the headers and in to the radiator I'm running new lines to the back to a derale cooler with a temp controlled fan mounted where my spare tire was not much heat back there

I'm changing my whole transmission line setup I don't like them going to the front past the headers and in to the radiator I'm running new lines to the back to a derale cooler with a temp controlled fan mounted where my spare tire was not much heat back there

Yea I seen those after some more research... Which one were you looking at? I was thinking about making a mount a little closer to the cab tucked up high...

That's an interesting idea to relocate the cooler, Alan and a good looking unit. I am interested in seeing how your project goes.

Are you going to hook up the fan to come on at a certain temp?

That's an interesting idea to relocate the cooler, Alan and a good looking unit. I am interested in seeing how your project goes.

There is another kit from Derale that has a inline temp sensor that is wired into the fan.. It trips a 180...with the IC up front there is absolutely no room.. It fits don't get me wrong just don't like the squeeze fit.411f79e15d5922958ae279746060da1f.jpg

yes they also make a temp sensor that mounts between the cooler and your transmission lines mount it on your line going into the cooler as to get it to turn on quicker.

After mounting my arh headers my stock metal transmission lines were seeing a lot of heat also wanted to get away from the possible chance that my coolant could contaminate my transmission fluid from going through the radiator in the case of a radiator failure

yes they also make a temp sensor that mounts between the cooler and your transmission lines mount it on your line going into the cooler as to get it to turn on quicker.

After mounting my arh headers my stock metal transmission lines were seeing a lot of heat also wanted to get away from the possible chance that my coolant could contaminate my transmission fluid from going through the radiator in the case of a radiator failure

Good points!

use the 40k and make some backets to mount it in the lower grill. I know the struggle with the big IC. hell I had to cut a little off the bumper cover to fit mine the way I wanted. If you interested, I can get you a pic.

use the 40k and make some backets to mount it in the lower grill. I know the struggle with the big IC. hell I had to cut a little off the bumper cover to fit mine the way I wanted. If you interested, I can get you a pic.

Please do... I have the 3" IC so no trimming required...but it's tight and I hate the way it's mounted with only two bolts instead of four... Plus a remote would clean up the front end shorten the lines...

There is another kit from Derale that has a inline temp sensor that is wired into the fan.. It trips a 180...with the IC up front there is absolutely no room.. It fits don't get me wrong just don't like the squeeze fit.411f79e15d5922958ae279746060da1f.jpg

Thanks for that Bryan. That's a good looking kit.

The temp sensor seems logical. I either missed it in the link or just didn't think about it.

I've seen pictures of original lines running real close to headers. I wouldn't like that either. Doesn't look good at all.

I got the remote mount cooler in the rear idea watching a show that was building a old hotrod with an LS motor and 4l60 trans and that's how they did it thought the idea was a brilliant fix for my heat problem and hopefully help make my transmission last longer since I plan on keeping the truck for the long haul

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

I have the 4" in mine. I'm just not a huge fan of those coolers. I feel the bar and plate design is more beneficial.

Get a chance post pics of how you mounted it..