radix pulley

I got about 5000 miles under my belt with a 2.75. Tuned perfectly by Allen I might add.

I have a little slippage when I really get on it, which isn't very often, but I am getting ready to go down another 1/2 inch in belt size.

I got about 5000 miles under my belt with a 2.75.  Tuned perfectly by Allen I might add.

I have a little slippage when I really get on it, which isn't very often, but I am getting ready to go down another 1/2 inch in belt size.

What boost are you seeing at 2.75"? How did the cam effect it?

I am only getting a little over 8.5.  I am pretty sure the cam is causing me to lose some boost.  I will be calling FMS pretty soon to see what kind of specs they think would work well with boost.  Any suggestions?

What was the last cam specs BenKey had from FMS?

Believe it or not the 02-up LS6 cam is a really good blower cam. Has -24* overlap which is good for boost. I don't know if I would spin it up as high as the powerband of the z06 cam will allow with that 2.75" pulley though. Might be a bit too much for the blower.

Aaron

I am only getting a little over 8.5.  I am pretty sure the cam is causing me to lose some boost.  I will be calling FMS pretty soon to see what kind of specs they think would work well with boost.  Any suggestions?

You know, I just spent an hour looking for Ben's info from an old post. Would have made too much sense to just PM him and ask I guess. :D

You know, I just spent an hour looking for Ben's info from an old post. Would have made too much sense to just PM him and ask I guess. :D

What makes you think I would have answered? :P

It was a couple of cams ago, so the specs are a little fuzzy. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it was a 217/228 .565/.585 114 +4. I can call and ask Candy if you like. I could talk to her all day. :D I didn't have the problem of bleeding boost up top with that cam. It was there a little, but only about .2 or so. Does your boost build real quick then peak and drop off pretty fast, just before it starts to build up again? Happens around the shift?

Archived