gcosse05

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-25370-144455462832_thumb.jpg

post-25370-144455465179_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry guys. I have a few more pics. I'm in the Gulf of Mexico right now and Internet is horrible. Best I can do for now

Did you ever get the pump installed or verify you got the right wiring harness for it?

No sir, I have not. My apologies. The motor took longer than I expected so I haven't got around to doing it. Btw, the tech question I sent to racetronix via email about 4 months ago... Yea, they still haven't answered. I probably won't do business with them again.

No sir, I have not. My apologies. The motor took longer than I expected so I haven't got around to doing it. Btw, the tech question I sent to racetronix via email about 4 months ago... Yea, they still haven't answered. I probably won't do business with them again.

Not very professional of them. Did you try to call them?

Can't wait to see your project come together.

Not very professional of them. Did you try to call them?

Can't wait to see your project come together.

That's just the thing man.. They have no phone number listed anywhere. I searched the Internet for a few days looking for a phone number. Nothing.

a quick google search shows that you're not alone, seems like everyone recommends talking to a Racetronix dealer instead. Even their website says to talk to a dealer if you want to call "If you require phone sales/support please visit our main web page racetronix.com to locate a dealer near you"

It's an older post, but looks like there are lots of reputable dealers out there - http://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/1329149-who-sells-racetronix-products.html

That's just the thing man.. They have no phone number listed anywhere. I searched the Internet for a few days looking for a phone number. Nothing.

That sucks. Any reputable company that has an email address should respond quickly with tech support. Happy customers are the best advertisement out there.

That sucks. Any reputable company that has an email address should respond quickly with tech support. Happy customers are the best advertisement out there.

Agreed!

And the sad part is, I dug through miles of part numbers and cross referenced their part number with an oem one to make sure I was buying the right fuel pump. I told myself I don't know what I'll do if it's not the right one and I have to return it. No way to get ahold of them. [emoji107]

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)

And the sad part is, I dug through miles of part numbers and cross referenced their part number with an oem one to make sure I was buying the right fuel pump. I told myself I don't know what I'll do if it's not the right one and I have to return it. No way to get ahold of them. [emoji107]

After reading your issues, and several other people with the same issues, I just bought the pump off of Amazon. It's made by Walbro, Racetronix just resells it as theirs, It was only a couple bucks more, but at least I have someone to contact if I have issues.

I wanted to do the wiring harness, but checking into it, it looks like the 99-03 truck kit uses the stock square 4 pin connector, which has a max amp rating of 14 Amps. The 255 Walbro can pull over 14amps, but it's at 100+ psi. If you wanted to upgrade to an Aeromotive 340 later, it pulls 14 amps at just ~50psi, which would be an issue.

They have kits that replace the square connector, but it uses a wiring harness with different connectors .

So the way I see it, what's the point of upgrading the wiring, if you're still using the lower amperage bulkhead connector? For $20 more you can get the kit to upgrade that part, but it's not compatible with the harness you got, you'd have to change out the ends. It sucks that they didn't tell you any of this.

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the crappy quality. TapTalk is killing me. I have a whole lot of pictures. Old motor is out. I'll be heading to work for 2 weeks today. When I get home, it's game time.

post-25370-144837352246_thumb.jpg

post-25370-144837358302_thumb.jpg