The REDSLED... Build #2

gcosse05

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome man

Thanks man. I've had this idea for a while. But y'all know how it is. Life happens sometimes. But it's definitely happening now. Pretty excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This truck looks familiar. Are you the original owner? Can't wait to see how it runs, gonna be a beast of a truck for sure. Would love for Zippy to do me up and engine like that. Congrats

Thanks man. No, I'm not the original owner. But rest assured that I brought it to what it is. When I got it, it had 26" bent, rusted, scratched rims.. A HUGE chrome grill that covered the entire front of the truck, eBay projector headlights that bulged out past the bumper seemed like, power steering pump was out and whining, exhaust leaks everywhere, etc etc.. I could go on for days. I have dumped some serious money in this truck, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It has new paint, interior, wheels, suspension, grill, headlights, front bumper cover, AC controls, window controls, stereo system, ISS wing, engine, brakes, etc.. I could have bought wayyy cleaner of a truck for what I've put in this one.. But then I would have a bought truck. I can safely say that I have a built truck. I don't even think twice about the money. I enjoy it, and that's all that matters to me.

post-25370-143259487825_thumb.jpg
post-25370-14325949083_thumb.jpg
post-25370-143259498768_thumb.jpg

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)

Thanks a lot fellas. Here's what came in today!

post-25370-143267231755_thumb.jpg
post-25370-143267233015_thumb.jpg

For some reason, taptalk will only allow me to do 2 pictures per post without giving me fits.

post-25370-14326724339_thumb.jpgpost-25370-143267244297_thumb.jpg

Hell of a lot of work and money. Great job truck looks great man. Can't wait to see this beast done. Best of Luck

It's much appreciated sir.

Glad to see I ain't the only grease monkey into nitro trucks, all the boys at the shop give me hell about spending a grand on my truck lol. Your build is def amazing brother.

Thanks man. I have 5 Rc trucks. Countless dollars spent on those things lol. I'm all electric tho. Big traxxas fan

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to Zippy today. Block is done, waiting for piston squirters. And Texas Speed should be shipping out the heads Thursday or Friday. He told me that he is going to put the heads on a flow bench too while he had them. Pretty cool. I can't wait.

So, basically everything is done. Just waiting on Texas Speed to get off their butts and finish my heads!! Zippy has been waiting for them for a while. Aside from that, I have ordered the water pump. Went with 07-08 truck pump due to different angle on hose which should allow for more clearance around the throttle body area. I've also ordered a new power steering/accessory bracket. I want everything new! I am meeting with a guy this weekend to talk about painting my intake. Check him out. His website is http://www.vincentdezigns.com/. I actually had a very, very dear friend of mine pass away last week. I will have something remembering him on the intake. I'm thinking about doing the intake victory red with black airbrush/featherbrush work. Or black with victory red work.

Also!!!!!... Return style fuel system guys... Racetronix is now making an entire assembly with the 225lph already installed. Plug and play stuff! Im waiting to get an email response from them to make sure I chose the right one, then ill order it. Its $225. Pretty well priced in my opinion. Ill get a hot wire kit from them also. So that's the update for now. Ill be back soon! Take it easy fellas

:driving::dbanana:

build is coming along man! looks like the racetronix part number for the pump you need is tu432hp-2 according to stock pump numbers....

sorry to hear about your friend. prayers are with you and his family.

Edited by whytry85 (see edit history)