The REDSLED... Build #2

gcosse05

build is coming along man! looks like the racetronix part number for the pump you need is tu432hp-2 according to stock pump numbers....

sorry to hear about your friend. prayers are with you and his family.

Thanks man. Yep, that's the one I ordered after I cross referenced with oem #s. I hope I ordered the right Hotwire harness. I ordered the FPWH-001. 98-03 suv. Very hard to get ahold of Racetronix. I almost didn't order from them because of that.

Thanks for he condolences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main thing with the harness/ pump deal is making sure you get the correct plug end. I didn't, and ended up having to re pin and switch a roo the plugs. But it worked out and is plug and play.

The main thing with the harness/ pump deal is making sure you get the correct plug end. I didn't, and ended up having to re pin and switch a roo the plugs. But it worked out and is plug and play.

I still have not gotten an email back from them as far as to what harness to order. It's been 3 weeks. But the harness I ordered said it was for 99-03 suv, and the plugs on the pump side looked to be the same as the female stuff on the pump. Now, wether or not it's the right one for the truck side, idk. But we will see I guess lol. I'll upload a bunch of pics when I get home and get it. Hopefully tomorrow.

Heads have shipped! Thank goodness. Pics to come as soon as I get some from Zippy. Spoke to him yesterday evening. Should have some pics next week.

You guys want to see perfection? Zippy sent me these a few minutes ago. This is the Texas Speed PRC 265cc LS7 heads.

post-25370-143612273827_thumb.jpg

post-25370-143612276259_thumb.jpg

post-25370-143612278551_thumb.jpg

More pics

post-25370-143612292249_thumb.jpg

post-25370-143612293569_thumb.jpg

post-25370-143612294827_thumb.jpg

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)

This is going to be one hell of a build. Almost the ultimate build if you were doing one without boost. A few bits of info for those who might have questions. Gerald has posted alot, but here is some from me.

Block is an LS3 and brand new from GM.

4.075" bore (.010 over)

4" stroke crank

417 cubic inches

Compression will be roughly 11.6:1

BLP piston oil squirter kit.

PRC 265 LS7 Small Bore heads. These are a 6 bolt head which simply allows for use on the stock block and big dollar blocks like the LSX and RHS. The head is full LS7 design meaning it uses LS7 rockers, LS7 intake bolt pattern, etc, etc. The stock GM LS7 heads will bolt to a 6.2L block and work well. These heads take that a bit further and have a specific built chamber to increase flow for blocks with bore a bore size between 4.065" and 4.100". The only difference between an LS7 head and an LS7 small bore head is the chamber design. The intake valves are titanium and are 2.20". The exhaust valves are 1.59" and if I recall are stainless steel. The choice of the titanium intake valve was due to the lift of the cam and the intended shift point of roughly 7,000. It is a big valve to sling around that fast and titanium allows for a smaller valve spring.

I'll post some more soon. Hoping to post assembly sometime next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. As of now, no new news. Im in the Gulf Of Mexico until the 22nd. Ill check with Zippy when I get home and Ill post back.

Intake is at paint/cerakote and should be done when I get home as well. I think y'all will really like what i'm having done to it.

Can't wait till your done man this puts a smile on my face :)

Thanks! I made an Excel spreadsheet last night with all the cost of every nut and bolt for this build. Gave me chills lol. But I'm pretty excited about it.