Anyone else into smoking???

la122685

It was about 7.5 lbs. Took 10.5 hours but my Temps were steady at 270. Was to tired to tweak it and wait for it to drop. Still came out damn good though. I know I thought about the slaw while Jenn was making the tater salad. At that point it was to late lol

It was about 7.5 lbs. Took 10.5 hours but my Temps were steady at 270. Was to tired to tweak it and wait for it to drop. Still came out damn good though. I know I thought about the slaw while Jenn was making the tater salad. At that point it was to late lol

That was an friendly butt. I don't think that I've ever smoked one under two hours a pound. Could be the 270* throughout helped the smoke go quicker.

That tater salad sure looks good. Think Jenn would give up the recipe?

The Pico is real simple.

1 Medium Onion

5 small and firm Roma Tomatoes

1 Bunch of Cilantro

3 small Jalapenos

2 Lemons for juice at the end

Take everything and chop it up medium Coarse except the cilantro which i try to get as fine as possible. Mix in a bowl, cut the 2 lemons in half and Squeeze. Salt and pepper to taste and you are good to go...This stuff is great on anything chips, crackers. :cool:

The Pico is real simple.

1 Medium Onion

5 small and firm Roma Tomatoes

1 Bunch of Cilantro

3 small Jalapenos

2 Lemons for juice at the end

Take everything and chop it up medium Coarse except the cilantro which i try to get as fine as possible. Mix in a bowl, cut the 2 lemons in half and Squeeze. Salt and pepper to taste and you are good to go...This stuff is great on anything chips, crackers. :cool:

Thanks Brother. :thumbsup: I can handle that recipe. I love cilantro. Nothing says "Mexican recipe" like cilantro. The Pico does look like a coarse Salsa.

I'll give it a shot.

That was an friendly butt. I don't think that I've ever smoked one under two hours a pound. Could be the 270* throughout helped the smoke go quicker.

That tater salad sure looks good. Think Jenn would give up the recipe?

Red onions, carrots, green onions, celery salt, mustard powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, mayonnaise and paprika. No set measurements. She eyeballs everything tasting along the way. Oh and hard boiled eggs