best oil filter??

edgarss44

A lot of different response's! There's a Napa close by my house! How are there gold or platinum filters? Anybody ever use these?

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/filters-and-by-pass-systems/oil/amsoil-ea-oil-filters/?code=EA15K32-EA

Thanks man! I'll let you know if I go that route!

Let me know if you'd like to try one out.

A lot of different response's! There's a Napa close by my house! How are there gold or platinum filters? Anybody ever use these?

They are made by WIX they are ok. End of the day most filters are about the same. Tomato tamato......

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

I put one of the synthetic Fran filters on my Tahoe with Mobil 1 oil. After less than a month on start up I had horrible ticking shut it off and restarted same thing. Did another oil change with Mobil 1 oil and filter no problem since. I run only Mobil 1 filter now

Badically what EXGM said. Napa Gold filters are the same as Wix, which is a partner company of AMSOIL. The EA filter's filtration is slightly better than the Wix, and holds up a little better for extended use, but costs a little more, so it basically comes down to personal preference.

Fram used to be decent a hundred years ago, but now, their oil filters are crap. If you want decent and cheap, Purolator seems to be ok.