Silver Birch SS

Bowtie Boy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First thing I need is a hard toneau cover that keeps the simple clean look of the SS. Any suggestions?

You want looks or speed? Drop it and so one for looks.

Speed is a bit more costly. It is up to you. Hey you could be the first supercharged silver SS

I bought the silver 2005 that was on ebay an love it.

How did you like dealing with that dealer from Lewiston? I bought mine from him as well .... super nice guy.

Was looking for a silver one so I called Thursday. On Sunday I took a 12 hr bus ride to get it which made the trip home that much sweeter. Was in and out of the dealership Monday in 2hrs or less. Everything just as we discussed on the phone. Couldn't have been easier.

First thing I need is a hard toneau cover that keeps the simple clean look of the SS. Any suggestions?

Speed is a bit more costly. It is up to you. Hey you could be the first supercharged silver SS

Looks, at least until my wallet recovers a little. I like the idea of dropping it, that was the first thing I thought when I saw it. Aren't the kits were $400 buck or so? Are they an easy DIY install?

Looks, at least until my wallet recovers a little. I like the idea of dropping it, that was the first thing I thought when I saw it. Aren't the kits were $400 buck or so? Are they an easy DIY install?

With some basic tools jack and stands yes it's pretty easy it all depends on what you plan on doing everyones kit is a little different!

With some basic tools jack and stands yes it's pretty easy it all depends on what you plan on doing everyones kit is a little different!

:withstupid:

Kits vary, but otherwise the price is about right, give or take a few bucks(depending where you get it from)

How did you like dealing with that dealer from Lewiston? I bought mine from him as well .... super nice guy.

I bought mine there too. Absolutely no problems. They even delivered it 550 miles on a flatbed trailer for free. This was back in '03 so maybe they aren't doing that anymore.

I bought mine there too. Absolutely no problems. They even delivered it 550 miles on a flatbed trailer for free. This was back in '03 so maybe they aren't doing that anymore.

They are still doing that ... when I bought mine I drove half way to meet them .... they hauled it to MT for me for free ... great dealership.

I just don't care for the grey paint job! It is unbelievably bland. About the only thing that could save it is to make it the only color to get the LS2 400hp engine. I can't believe Chevy dumped Arrival Blue.

The striking Arrival Blue is what got my attention on the SSSs in the 1st place. It remains a VERY striking color that people ask me about all of the time. Black looks the meanest, but is VERY hard to keep clean. Everyone has a red car and it is a little too easy for cops to notice and target. The blue is bright, yet subdued at the same time.

Rick R

I still dont see the sliding rear glass. I even picked up one of the sales books from our dealership and it does not say anything about the rear slidding glass. I wish someone would post a picture...

JOSH

Ok I finally went to the dealer to take the pics, of the silver birch SS with the sliding rear window.

711994_40_full.jpg

711994_41_full.jpg

It was dark when I took the pics but you can still see the outline, but basically its just like any rear sliding window from GM, I'll try and take better pics next time.

Sorry guys I was on Nellis AFB where I work at and I seen one at the hospital. Unfortuantely I did not have a camara on me for some pics. I did leave a note on his windshield letting him or her about the site. Funny thing was last night I was at best buy looking for a parking spot and guess what takes the spot I was eyeballing, a black 04 SSS. I don't think he was as much an enthusiast as I am because I waved and he just looked away. Besides it still had the dealer tags on so he's a newbie. Oh well thats a record for me, two sightings in two days. :chevy:

Archived