Bought a new truck! :)

moregrip

Here's the Rundown: Paid straight Invoice + $3000 in rebates + GMAC financing.

2005 Silverado 2500HD, Extended Cab, LT, Silver Birch Metallic!, Medium Gray Interior, 4l80e, LQ4, 10.50" Full Floating (G80) Rear Diff with 4.10's!, and yes its a 2WD . can you say bullet proof rear-end?

My observations after 265 miles.

First: the obvious, the new hood and grill, especially in this color; the new grill looks absolutely awesome, no need for billet inserts, it does need a chrome bow-tie though.

Second: LT option is pimp, the seats are heated, with lumbar and side bolster adjustments. DL3's, On Star, Auto Climate, Sliding rear window, Bose, yada yada yada.

Last: The important shit.................

1. The stock exhaust sounds more aggressive than my 03, no question, it sounds bad ass stock, no joke!

2. No E-fans, HD still uses the clutch fan

3. No rear drum brakes, HD still uses the twin piston Discs

4. 4.10's!! OMFG! These are Awesome, it keeps the 4l80e in the sweet spot more often, response is greatly improved over the 3.73's, I can't say how happy I am with these gears.

5. Because of the lighter weight (i.e. going from a CC to a EC, and 4x4 to 2wd) and with the 4.10's over the 3.73's, this thing really scoots! I am thoroughly impressed! I've only gone half throttle and up to 3000rpms and I can really tell a difference. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are a few more stock ponies under the hood either, still rated at 300hp/360tq. The tail pipe is also slightly larger.

6. I can't put my finger on it but the engine bay looks less cluttered, like it has more room, somethings different, I'll have to figure that out tomorrow though when theres light.

7. gotta love those stock aluminium alcoa wheels!

8. I was 100% convinced this thing would handle like shit, WRONG!, It actually rides down the freeway better than my 1500HD did and doesn't pogo like the CC did. I am floored this brick of a truck rides as nice as it does.

That's it for now, I'll need to wash and wax it tomorrow. Maybe some show and tell

hmmm, now some SS cladding might look interesting :cheers:

peace :flag:

Nice buy !! now make it a real truck and match that 14 bolt with a dana 60 up front and go find some mud. :thumbs: J/k do whatever you want with it I love those truck and they do handle very well for their size. Btw your 1500HD was actually just a 2500 non HD so there shouldnt be that much diff except with the suspension.

Nice buy !! now make it a real truck and match that 14 bolt with a dana 60 up front and go find some mud.  :thumbs:  J/k do whatever you want with it I love those truck and they do handle very well for their size.  Btw your 1500HD was actually just a 2500 non HD  so there shouldnt be that much diff except with the suspension.

Thanks bro, much appreciated :flag:

Nice buy !! now make it a real truck and match that 14 bolt with a dana 60 up front and go find some mud.  :thumbs:  J/k do whatever you want with it I love those truck and they do handle very well for their size.  Btw your 1500HD was actually just a 2500 non HD  so there shouldnt be that much diff except with the suspension.

:withstupid: the 2500HDs are some tough trucks. You should give it a lift and some boggers and have some off road fun. For only a few hundred bucks more you could have gotten the 8.1 motor!!. can't go wrong with the extra torque except at the pump

:withstupid: the 2500HDs are some tough trucks. You should give it a lift and some boggers and have some off road fun. For only a few hundred bucks more you could have gotten the 8.1 motor!!. can't go wrong with the extra torque except at the pump

Thanks, had/have a Radix in standby for the LQ4 so I was kinda locked.

No lift for me, just some velvet ride shackles in the rear and some 305/50-20's.

Its not the normal street driven truck of choice but I couldn't pass up the LQ4/4l80e/10.5"FF G80 w/4.10's combo for strength if you catch my drift. :P

Archived