dyno

i was wondering if i removed the front shaft on the dyno, is this bad for the SS? will i also get correct air / fuel readings? i'm trying to get this printed out to send to Allen. i can't seem to get rid of all my pinging. :banghead:

I've pulled mine out a few times for dyno pulls.......

But I'm now starting to hear funny noises in the transfer case and I have also gone through a few transmissions. :banghead:

I don't know if this is all contributed to pulling out the front drive shaft, and a dozen dyno pulls, but I'm sure it’s a contributor!

I think if you only do 1-3 pulls total......You should be OK

thanks for the info. anyoneelse have any problems? i was going to dyno now without the nitrous (for tuning) and after that another dyno on the bottle for a hp reading.

thanks everyone for all of the info.

i haven't done them yet. all i can find are shops with a max wheelbase of 138". to bad our trucks are 143.5". :mad: i haven't decided if i want to take the front shaft off yet. i'm wondering if i take it off will the front diff be ok and will i get accurate air / fuel readings???? anyone?

find some place with a 4 wheel Dynapac setup and the 6 lug adapters. They remove the wheels and hook up directly to the axles. Supposed to be more accurate then a roller dyno and it doesn't matter what your wheelbase is.

I've been told that our AWD freaks out the dynopac computer.

find some place with a 4 wheel Dynapac setup and the 6 lug adapters. They remove the wheels and hook up directly to the axles. Supposed to be more accurate then a roller dyno and it doesn't matter what your wheelbase is.

I remember hearing that too. Has anyone here actually used one, I knew that a few members talked about them before.

I remember hearing that too. Has anyone here actually used one, I knew that a few members talked about them before.

I heard it from Chris G. at APE who had tried to use one on the APE Project Silverado SS.

Archived