New vloant box?

Blue_SS

hey guys i am a little mad and confused i guess, i bought a vloant cold air intake kit with box and everything bout almost a year ago and now i read in a magazine today where they say the one i got actually lost horsepower and the new one is the best on the market? i have no idea how it could actually lose it looks good???? they did say they had a homemade custom ram air tube i think and i actually got the one from volant so if the new boz is soo much better im going to be upset!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

let us know what comes of that, i have my volant sitting in a box but would gladly take a new one if it makes any difference.

I found this on there web site. I have the radix and after reading all press release I'm going to call and see if they will take the air box back. I'm not sure if it's a recall or what

Volant

OK i re-read the article and it said that they replaced the 15953 and 15853 and replaced them with the 15053 and 15153.... so just warning you all that tbyrnes is still the 15953... hope theyre gonna carry the new ones soon...

I would like to choke someone at Volant. :mad::mad::mad: They couldnt have thaught about this before they shafted us on 15953. :mad::mad::mad: If anyone has any luck getting a trade in from them I would be interested to hear about it. Damn I am pissed now! :mad::mad::mad::puke::tear: I am glad the inferior CAI, I purchased from their company helped pay for them to upgrade their web page. :puke: They should atleast offer us a discounted trade in, At the least.

hey guys just to let you know that about 3 weeks ago i ordered the volant air box- 15953 for my SSS. the online site instead sent me the volant box# 15153. i was worried that they sent me the wrong one but the parts guy told me that the box was a new part and that is was for the SSS, Avalance, Escalades, Tahoes, Burbs, and Yukons. box went in fine with no problems with Ram Air Scoop, sounds good and can definitely feel a difference in throttle response. hope volant will address all the issues with those who have the "older" 15953 boxes. that is B.S. that they would do that!

Fortuneatly I live about 10-15 minutes up the hill from their offices... I will be making a visit to thier location to voice my concern over the release of the new box without any prior warning to people purchasing the old version.

Beleive it or not we have serious pull with these aftermarket companies... theres alot of us on this site and a smart business will not take that lightly. I will print out all the treads I can find about those of us upset w/ Volant and hand deliver to their office. :D

Just called down there and said I was a potential vendor who wanted to take a look at the Volant product before I sell it. I set an appointment for today to meet with a rep over there.... sneaky, but the only way I could confirm there would be a person worth talking to there today. :devil::D

Just called down there and said I was a potential vendor who wanted to take a look at the Volant product before I sell it. I set an appointment for today to meet with a rep over there.... sneaky, but the only way I could confirm there would be a person worth talking to there today.  :devil:  :D

I called and they told me they were going to call me back.

If you find anything out please let us know... :mad::mad:

Archived