New vloant box?

Blue_SS

My situation is totaly the different. Here is what I e-mailed T Bryne

I ordered a volant intake For my 03 Silverado SS Back on 2/2/04. After closely inspecting the part number on the kit i Received part number 15853 and Succesfully installed it on my truck. I later Added the scoop part number 35960 on 2/4/04 but it did not ship out till I belive June of 04. The scoop did not fit so well but that was no problem. Now that I look at the voland web site as well as yours I should have got part number 15953 for my truck. After going on volants web sit they have since replaced the 15953 with part number 15153 what is up with that. I bought an 15953 on 8/4/04 for my 04 Chevy tahoe. Now I have 2 volant boxes that are inferior. I would like to know what to do. My name is George Giotsas and I have ordered a lot of stuff from you guys and have gotten top notch service from your company. Please e-mail me and let me know what steps we are going to have to take. You can also call me at . I have all the receipts as well as the original boxes that everything came in. I especially want to fix the problem with the Silverado ss because that is the total incorect part and have a slight fitment problem. It also feels as though I am loosing some power. Also here is the link to volant and the change in the air boxes. http://www.volantperformance.com/3dkls/idd...ures/vpb004.pdf

This is what they wrote back

Hi George,

Volant was recommending the 15853 for the SS and then later said that the 15953 would be a better way to go. They have since updating their designs and gave those new part numbers. We can't do anything with the systems that you have now. You can probably sell those if you would like to go with the updated versions and I can offer you a discount for those. I can discount them to $235. each.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we are going to do a petition, I'M in on it. I think it is all a scam, and the moderators here should put the pressure on Tbyrne, seeing that they make a lot of money here on this site. If they cant help us out, then I vote to kick them off the site. What do you all think about that???? :dunno:

Why would the moderators put pressure on TByrne? There is no need for anything like that. You guys need to be talking to Volant about this. Granted we sell the product but Volant is the company (manufacturer) that would handle anything like this. I'm going to call there tomorrow to see what they have to say. As was mentioned in a previous post, we didn't know anything about the new part numbers until the paperwork for our latest stock order was faxed over. I'll let you guys know what I can find out tomorrow. I really don't know if Volant will be doing anything with the current systems that are out. I'll help you guys if possible.

Tom

Tom is right. I dont think we should be bashing the vendors. After I e-mailed him he promptly returned my e-mail and told me what the best he can do for me was. He offered me a discount which he didnt even have to do but he understands that keeping his customers happy is how he stays in business. Someone once told me that 70% of your business is from 30% of your customers and I think that is what Tom is trying to do for us by calling and taking care of us. He has been great in the past and am sure he will do his best for us. He only sells the parts they tell him to sell to us he does not design or test the products.

well... I have that group letter done, I just need to find the time to get it down there in person.

Tom,

Thanks for the backup... I know it had nothing to do with you. Retailers are usually told about changes around the same time the customers are. I've given up on calling the number you gave b/c everytime I'm just given the old... "well the person you need to speak with isn't in right now, but I can have him call you back"

As you can probably guess... 4 calls and not a call back yet. :banghead:

I've even been down to their offices and was given the blowoff! This complaint letter will be my last attempt to get this resolved... if this doesn't work then I'll be posting some very discouraging threads on any and all GM truck forums I can find. :mad:

Archived