Growling Front End Part 2

I dont have it, YET. (Knocking on Wood). However if I did I would crawl up someones ass till it was fixed. But I am with Dylan, On getting some exhaust to drown it out. Worst case scenerio I would slap some cut outs on her, Keep em open and call it good.LOL :jester:

I've driven two C3's in the last week.The black one :thumbs: with 45000 miles no noise and the Pewter one :cool: with 78000 miles and no noise,,,both smooth as silk. :D

My 2004 SSS makes the noise when at normal temp,,cold it's quite :dunno: .

Question to the 2001 C3 guy's:

Does GMC recommend the same transfer case fluid for the C3 as Chevrolet recommends for the SS? (ATF) :wtf:

It is fairly common on any vehicle with a front differential. Mine doesn't do it, but my S-10 4X4 did.

Escalades and Denalis do it too. Just because you haven't heard it, doesn't mean it's not there.

Since it is mostly going slow and in tight turns when it happens, I don't think there is much chance of it blowing up. Unless, you plan to crank the wheel all the way to one side and floor it pretty often. If yours is noisy all the time, may be a different story. Personally, I'm not sweating it when and if it starts.

Mine just started doing this a few weeks ago, boy I'm glad I seen this post, I was thinking there was something going on with just mine. Mine never did it till it turned about 4900 miles. It seems like it has gotten louder the past week, I sure hope it doesn't get any more louder then it is now. My old Silverado only did this when I had it in 4x4 high, so I guess this would be normal for AWD, just hope something doesn't brake on me one day.

• 4 weeks later...

How many failures have been associated with this "noise"?

This AWD transfer case isn't new, so if there has been many, we would probably know.

Some cars make more "noises" than others.

And please, stop the "40 Grand" crap. If anyone paid 40G's for their SSS, they're stupid. It's a truck people, not a BMW. Image the sticker price of a similar equiped truck from BMW/DC if it were available. :eek:

Unless it's loud enough to scare small animals and children, I would settle down and not let it ruin your new car purchase.

How many failures have been associated with this "noise"?

This AWD transfer case isn't new, so if there has been many, we would probably know.

Some cars make more "noises" than others.

And please, stop the "40 Grand" crap.  If anyone paid 40G's for their SSS, they're stupid.  It's a truck people, not a BMW.  Image the sticker price of a similar equiped truck from BMW/DC if it were available.  :eek:

Unless it's loud enough to scare small animals and children, I would settle down and not let it ruin your new car purchase.

I suppose I am stupid then. My factory sticker was $43,505.00. My dealer had another sticker with a "Market Adjustment" of $1688.00 bringing the grand total to $45,193.00. I did pay $38,480.00. Thats pretty close to "40 Grand".

With that said, I think it is prudent to be concerned with a grinding noise coming from a brand new vehicle. (Even if the noise does not scare small animals & children)

I noticed the noise in my truck @ 1500 miles. I have been reading about the noise and some other owners experiences since then. Some of the posts claim to have found damaged bearings, improper lubrication levels, and other various defects. Some posts claim the dealer fixed their problems while others say their dealer was no help. All of these posts help to establish a pattern as well as provide support for a denied warranty claim. It would be negligent to ignore a grinding noise that may be a sign of premature failure and costly repairs.

You are forgetting one important fact:

NO ONE HAS REPORTED A FAILURE RELATED TO THIS NOISE.

As I see it... its a noise and nothing more.... if someone has had thier truck breakdown b/c of the noise then I'll change my mind.

Anyone having this problem obviously just needs a louder exhaust. :P

Archived