truck took a poop...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alright...so i just got a call from my friendly service advisor...

the seal broke. which caused the fluid pressue to drop...causing the input shaft to cease up and break. apperantly there are metal flakes all throughout the transmission and they are putting a new one in...no rebuilding possible.

i am probably not going to get to keep the part...but i get to take pics, so i guess that will have to do.

GM is sending an inspector out cause they had never seen this happen before and they want to see if they can figure out what happened. should have her back by thursday at the latest...

well, at least i know it shifted hard enough.  :D

You make me nervous Zippy....

:D

it appears the part in the picture is the output shaft and more than likely that broke the reaction carrier in turn which is also what i broke in my sonoma. that explains why it was so difficult to get the truck off of the flatbed. :banghead:

the explanation from the tranny guru at the dealer was that the bearing down in there broke and cause the shafts to wear on each other...there is also a lube seal or something down in there..and that got screwed up so there wasn't any fluid going in that area. the pump apparently also took a poop. all things together led to the failure...

and yup..thas the output shaft.

i think we can agree that i did a bit more damage than matt did... :D

the explanation from the tranny guru at the dealer was that the bearing down in there broke and cause the shafts to wear on each other...there is also a lube seal or something down in there..and that got screwed up so there wasn't any fluid going in that area. the pump apparently also took a poop. all things together led to the failure...

thats just because it has been hauling your big ass around so long it got tired of it and said screw you. :crackup:

thats just because it has been hauling your big ass around so long it got tired of it and said screw you. :crackup:

thats weird that the problem showed up just after your big dumb ass left town...it was fine for the 47k miles with just me...add you to the mix and she had enough...

Maybe this should be the "broken trans parts thread." :P

I suspect the zippy shift had something to do with all of these. :jester:

Sorry to hear about your breakage, Ryan. Its awful difficult not to enjoy the performance of the truck. Are you really gonna change vehicles in the spring?

Archived