My wife wants me to have the SS painted white

JimJenson

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim:

It looks like you are indeed in a tough spot. Sounds like I've seen this movie before (been married in the past). I am also a business attorney.

A few observations:

1. Let go of the 51%/49% ownership issue. The one percent difference is only really relevant in certain business situations. Essentially, you and your wife are 50-50 partners in a business, and the company is 100% marital property. One percent does not mean 100% control, even if the parties are not husband and wife.

2. Do whatever you can to take this dispute OUT of the business context. What a company truck is doing in the middle of a personal argument, I'll never know. What I do know is that family businesses that allow personal issues to infiltrate are in need of help. This can only divide the loyalties of your workers and lower morale, productivity, focus, and profits. Get some counseling, or do whatever you feel is necessary on the personal side, BUT KEEP IT OUT OF YOUR COMPANY! The success of the business depends on it.

3. Volunteer to stop handling the account that is causing all this trouble, and ask your wife if there are any other accounts or customers you work with that make her uncomfortable--and hand them off to someone else. Take the high road and keep the focus on making her more comfortable with your role in the company.

Good luck! Hope this is helpful.

Michael

C'mon bro?!?! You rented a 'Scooter-for-Two' with your attractive, loose moraled client, and NOTHING happened? :wtf:

Thats gotta be an awkward business lunch when the customer is holding you from behind as you cruise around on a scooter... did you at least close the deal? The business deal that is... :uhoh:

Can't say that I blame your wife now... that looks hella-suspicious!

Not saying I'm any better (as some guys here know :D ) ... if you did something come clean, shes already got ya... its just a matter of time before she nails your ass to the wall... then it won't be a question of if she takes the business from you... just a questions of how much of it! :happysad:

Good luck bro... yer gonna need it! :banghead:

Don't paint it white, Take it out of the business! That is buy the truck from the business and have them give you a replacement to drive for the company. Just a thought! Good luck... Now I know why I am not married! :D, Not that I did not know before, but reading this makes it that much more understandable!!

Just Do It ! :thumbs:

WhiteSS.jpg

The lawyer dude is right, how did this get all pulled into the color of your truck....

She must know you like your truck or she would be attacking something else you like...

It's time for a Sit-Down...... :chillpill:

Don't paint it white.....That thing looks like its needs a string on the end of it....... :dunno:

Archived